Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Durham Police outing Craster 22/06/2011.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durham Police outing Craster 22/06/2011.

Well lads out again today from bonny Craster with lads from work. Day started lovely with sunshine and flat seas--heres my mate Kevin with a lovely fish which was pretty much the same size for all of us during the day.

After about an hour though things went downhill. We could see a massive squall in the sky heading towards us from the North. Everyone put there suits on then the rain hit. This was not to bad but the sea became very lumpy. To me it was rollercoaster time again and yes i spewed but was,nt the only one to feel the effects.
    Heres Del who was only on his second ever boat trip out and he nailed over 13 Cod.

Hockeyes,Daylights, White shads seemed to do the business.
    Plenty of Mackeral and a few large wrasse.
    Winner of our comp for first and second biggest fish was Cliffy with a couple round the 4-5lb mark caught on white Sindwider eels.
    Tight lines Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Out with dougie last week Mick we had a cracking day too.

Comment

looks like you all had a good day , shame about the wind though

Comment

Looks more like winter fishing, grey sky, choppy sea, warm clothing, but hell, who cares when there are plenty fish around. well done to the "newby" too. Like the first pic, looks like a small flag sticking out that fishes arse
        P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Yes that's me (Kev) holding the biggest Cod I caught on the day. Everything was going well for the first 5-6hrs then the dreaded sea sickness kicked in. I ended up sitting in the Cabin next to Doug trying to keep my cup of coffee and sandwich down. I lasted an hour and joined Mick. Ground bait was laid. Lumpy wasn't in it, but I'll be there next time.

Comment

Take a packet of ginger snaps next time Kev, and keep your eye on the horizon. and if you keep the " mal de mare" away for a trip or two you should be ok long term.

Comment

Great report and pics,well done.

Comment

well done on your catch

Comment

Cheers Topfly, I'll not give in. Ginger Snaps at the ready

Comment

Working...
                  X