anybody here a baker, or work in one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody here a baker, or work in one?

I'm just after old bread crumbs that would be discarded. 10-20kgs worth or a small regular supply

can come collect them!

Cheers.

Got no idea how much 20kg of bread looks like apart from the obvious but you can make bread crumbs very easily with a blender
    Buy 20kg of cheap loafs from ASDA etc

Comment

God knows how much that is but I imagine 20-30 loafs!
      <i>Put back what you don't need.</i>

Comment

say 1 large loaf is 800g, so it would be 25 loafs...
        am i ballox toasting and blending that... 1, i dont have a blender other than a small stick thing, and 2, i cant be arsed when bakeries are probs just disposing of the exact material i would like

Comment

theres no way il let any one chuck 20k of bread away at my work . recon you may be better going to asda on a nigth and buying the woops stuff

Comment

i'm more wanting the crumbs from the sliceing machines and stuff. But like a carrier bag a week or summit would be prime if anyone could help with that??? Then i'll just store what i dont use. The only reason i wanted such a large amount is so i have it always to hand.
            I have had some from asda before. Just its a bit wierd unless you know someone who works their.

Comment

for the amount you want try Warburtons at newburn riverside . wots it for any way
              Warburtons Ltd
              Unit BT
              26/28 Shelley Rd
              Newburn Industrial Estate
              Tyne & Wear
              NE15 9RT

Tel: 0191 229 0166

Comment

go to a tackle shop you'll get a 20k bag for 16 quid

Comment

sorry 18quid for 20k bag

Comment

Originally posted by super-MAGuire View Post
                    I'm just after old bread crumbs that would be discarded. 10-20kgs worth or a small regular supply

can come collect them!

Cheers.
                    My pals dad was a top north east coarse angler,he used to buy the stale bread from a bakery down on the team valley think it was prides.he used To dry it out and he also bought a butchers mince machine and boy did it churn the ground bait out by the bag full

Comment

ah haa! i have a mincer, will give that a go mate cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X