Rope wanted - dirty great thick stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rope wanted - dirty great thick stuff

No, I'm not getting into bondage (not after the last try - don't even mention the fire brigade ) but I am after some inch and a half or two inch thick natural fibre rope. Up to 3 inch thick would be even better.

Ideally I'd like enough to cut down so that I end up with two lengths around 20 feet or so, and one length of around 10 - 12 feet.

It's for old-school training purposes (honest ) - I've had some back and shoulder problems this last year or so, so I figured it was time to stop being such a bone idle lazy hack and get stronger.

Throwing thick ropes around is one of the best overall workouts I know of, so, does anyone know where I can get any that doesn't involve casting a P&O ferry adrift in the process ?

Shame on you who thought I was going conger fishing with it...

Last edited by Persues; 18-04-2012, 01:21 PM.

give theses a ring prity cheep to

The Ropeworks
    Malvern Gardens
    Gateshead
    Tyne And Wear
    NE11 9LJ

0191 460 6613

Comment

have you yried swimming. ? . pm sent

Comment

i go on the local field near me to throw a med ball about, flip a tyre, few cone sprint drills, mashing a sledge hammer around. Currently welding up a couple of rubust kettle bell type slabs of heavy steel with a handle on to sling about 15-20kg their going to be awesome.

But make for a good workout... dont think it would fix your back mind
        But i done rope drills american football training... pretty good

Hope you get it sorted... oh another project i'm thinking of knocking up a print sledge!!! winning!

PS by the way... if you cant get hold of rope, soo if you can get any old firehose... you know the thick red rubber ones they used to have coiled up on the walls of schools and librarys ect... their all replaced with extinguishers now. Their heavy and will do for what i assume your wanting them for.

Comment

Working...
        X