abu 6500 cage with or without lw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abu 6500 cage with or without lw

i'm looking for a cage to replace the broken one on my abu 6500gr i've stripped the reel down and just looks the same as a normal 6500 cage apart from mine being gold.
    any one got one for sale please pm me

GR Cage

It's not quite the same but a standard cage can be made to work. On a GR the level wind is retained by part of the moulding on the LH inner end plate. Standard cages have two little lugs the hold a spring plate to retain the level wind. To make a normal cage fit you need to nip these off or the side plates won't fit properly and grid it flat. If you want a CT type reel, find a later CT cage as these are not on anyway.

TC

Comment

Originally posted by TerryC View Post
      It's not quite the same but a standard cage can be made to work. On a GR the level wind is retained by part of the moulding on the LH inner end plate. Standard cages have two little lugs the hold a spring plate to retain the level wind. To make a normal cage fit you need to nip these off or the side plates won't fit properly and grid it flat. If you want a CT type reel, find a later CT cage as these are not on anyway.

TC
      hi many thanks

Comment

No problem, I have 4 GR's plus another couple in bits. The cages go first on these. I think they used a tinted lacquer instead of powder coating. If you haven't taken the Mag control out before, beware ! it's not for the faint hearted !!

Comment

Working...
        X