Lucy Olivia - 19/5/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucy Olivia - 19/5/13

At long last......My first catch report of 2013!!!

Before we get too carried away nothing too great to report......

Left Sunderland bit after 7am, not too far behind Sapphire I think. The amount of debris in the Marina and river itself along with the chocolate brown colour looked just like we had turned the clock back to last year!!

Northerly swell as expected, hoped it had dropped a bit more than that but I was on my way and not stopping until I had at least attempted to catch, had one pointless drift in the thick brown stuff just off souter, pretty obvious needed some slightly less coloured water to find a fish, headed out to a couple of wrecks around the 3 mile mark, no joy on the first after a few drifts, second wreck produced a 2lb cod on the first drift, second drift a 3.5lb cod and 3rd drift a hook up and lost gear, few more drifts and nothing, tried another wreck nearby had one drift and at this point my delicate sea legs decided enough was enough, back in marina for 10.30, a couple of fish to break the ice and hoping for some more settled weather!!
    Attached Files

Well done Dave , nice to see you got out and nabbed a few cod..... Whats that on your chin though....

Comment

i see what you mean about the water....urggghh.

2 nice fish though...nice one

Comment

Ha ha, it started as a movember thing and then it appears the good lady wife has a thing about Paul hollywood....... Well I was always told to never look a gift horse in the mouth and hey whatever floats ya boat as they say....... Apparently she now thinks of Hollywood instead of England!!

Anyway, back to boats and fishing, really hope this is not lining up to be a repeat of last year, having said that up until the end of June last year I had some really good days out!

The position of Sunderland marina offers a nice little back eddy for all the crap coming down the river when it is in flood, lots tree stumps etc a good two mile out as well!

Comment

Aye Dave, it does get quite a bit of debris in the marina, I bent my prop on the 70hp Optimax one year, it hit a partially submerged log, so take care mate..

Comment

Well at least you were catching as opposed to just Fishing. You did well to get out there, it would have put many a Boat owner off i think.

Comment

Working...
            X