Stingray 17.05.2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingray 17.05.2013

It was a touch and go trip, it started by agreeing with Graham that i would check the weather and send him a message at 5am with a go or no go for a 6am start. After spending the full night checking weather sites it was iffy to say the least but knowing i would not get out this weekend due to weather and things on Sunday i was willing to risk it.

So i left work after an 11hr nightshift and headed straight down the boat and off we went.

The sea was not great as expected with a hell of a chop and fresh NNE wind but we started making our way to the first wreck with no other boats in sight....just the way i like it

On the second drift the first fish was in the boat followed by the second, nothing massive cod of about 2-3lb so that was a good start.

We moved around taken a few more fish and then we hit a hot spot, cod and pouting being landed by both myself and Graham just about every drift, all fit fresh run cod.

We fished away taken about 18 fish from this spot before it dried up so we went further out but with the wind getting up, the wreck fishing was a bust so we headed in rather happy with our catch leaving a building sea behind.

It is such a shame the weather is not the best as the fish are at last in and in numbers

Species caught
    Cod
    Coalie
    Whiting
    Poor cod
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Well done on finding the fish

Comment

Well done on finding fish Richy, nice report. I guess there will be one or two frustrated boat owners reading this thread, hopefully conditions will improve soon.
      PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Well done lads, gutted the weather is pants tomorrow.
        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

He who dares wins!! Makes it more bearable if there are a few fish to show for it. Great to see you got out!!
          Fingers crossed for a run out Sunday, just hope tomorrow doesn't leave too much of a northerly swell on it!!

Comment

Yeah, well done Rich and Graham, great report and pics as ever amidst poor conditions. Please to see you got a good few out you deserve it for your persistance ..... (and good fishing skills obviously )
            Like keith, we're gutted it looks a no go for tomorrow and probably Sunday if it whips up a lot ......
            never mind it makes the good days all the better

great stuff lads well done

norm
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
            ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Working...
            X