Wicked Jack 14/5/13 - Evening Session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked Jack 14/5/13 - Evening Session

Well I'd sat at work all day fixated on Longsands webcam and the light evening wind forecast so at 4.50 I thought sod it, grabbed the girlfriend (as I knew we wouldn't blank if she came along) and we were heading out past the piers by 6.30pm...

We headed south and stopped off around half a mile out, as expected it wasn't long before Jo was into the first (very humble) codling of the season....

After a few drifts we (Jo) could only manage one more of the same size - at least we didn't blank! Anyway, a beautiful evening to be out and looking out the window this morning I'm glad I made the effort. Can't wait to get back out and start the season properly.

Did have some trouble with my auxillary - started perfectly then after a minute or so became very smokey then cut out and wouldn't start up again. I'm worried I've used old petrol mix but must confess I'm no expert - any views very welcome.

Anyway, here's a few more pics....

Was hoping to get out at the weekend but that's not looking likely!

Tight lines

Dave

Nice report & Pictures even if the fish were scarce. Thanks for the effort.

Comment

Good report, great pictures.

Comment

Good effort David, won't be long now before snap decisions like that pay off with a nice haul. Good pics and still better than staring at the web-cam..Better than me, I just sat there and thought, will I, or won't I.............too late now
        P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Cheers Arthur. Yeah I thought just get out and go for it, based on the current weather I think we've got to take our chances when they arise!

Comment

Great report and pics Dave ...

Comment

Excellent report and pics. Your missus must be a good find-my missus hates anything at all to do with fishing.

Mick.
              Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Aye mick she's not bad. She does get bored quite quickly if the fish aren't biting so its constant pressure for the skipper to produce the goods!

Comment

Well done Dave, great stuff (from the both of you)

nice report and pictures, well done

norm
                  ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                  . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                  ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Great to see you take the chance when it appears, I did exactly the same as Arthur, had been watching that poss window for a couple of days, even fell on a day when I could get away from work early, last minute decision to get some more brownie points and picked daughter up from school thinking its bound to not drop as forcast!!
                    Once again bad decision and kicking myself!! Looks like at least another week now unless things change of course.

Comment

Cracking photo's Dave. This weather is a pain for all you's trying to get some use out of the boats!!!!! I must say on a selfish note it makes being away at graft a bit easier to bear!

Graham.

Comment

Working...
                      X