Catch Report 12/05/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch Report 12/05/13

I left "Grace" tucked up on her Royal Quays mooring and crewed up on a rather handsome red hulled Arvor 250 named "Jules".
    We left the Tyne around 7.30am and headed North with the offshore wind steadily freshening. The wind was blowing us straight East at 2 knots so other than dropping the anchor, the only way to fish was by flowing trace with at least a 12oz weight. There's a small ridge off Seaton Sluice which runs East/West so we lined up the boat and kept drifting along the ridge. There was plenty of fish on the ridge and we landed about 20 Cod up to 4lb lb but many were a tad under sized and we kept about 8 before the wind strengthened to nearly gale force. We called it a day around 12pm and I got home in good time to watch the Toon secure their premiership future.

Well done on the report
    With a little bit of luck they will get bigger
    www.tjgannet.co.uk

Comment

A canny haul at last. Well done on finding them in that Weather.

Comment

Nice one Tony; they’re starting to show in patches for those hardy enough to get out and try. Were you fishing over sand or further south on the edge of the rough ground?

Comment

Sounds like a good day fishing well done mate!🎣
          Pb cod 7lbs (1.12.12) Tynemouth.

Best cod since (1.09.13)

4lbs 3oz (11.10.13) Tynemouth.

4lbs 7oz (18.10.13) Tynemouth.

5lbs 3oz (8.11.13) Tynemouth.

Comment

Hi Kev, we were fishing rough ground but we kept drifting the same line as the fish seemed to be concentrated in that area. We were both using a flowing trace tipped with prawn but whilst I was getting half hearted bites, John was getting stonking pulls and had at least six fish on board before I landed a fish. John was fishing a green twintail but didn't have a spare one!!!! I changed my lure colour several times before settling upon a green muppet which did the bizz and I was soon landing fish. Green is not a colour I favour but it was certainly doing the business on Sunday.

Comment

Well done lads, quite a few fish in hard conditions. All we need now are some settled days and light winds, cos I think the fish are there now on the hard ground.
              P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Working...
              X