Black Betty II 06/06/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Betty II 06/06/19

A little evening session with myself and Micky aboard. We set off for the Easterly wrecks off Amble and once clear of the Island were met with a horrible, uncomfortable and snotty sea.
    Once at the wrecks we tried four with a fast drift and only landed one small codling! The first mackerel of the season did turn up though.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7838.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	1534749

We then headed in to behind the island and the end of Bondicar and had a bit more success however the water was green.

That might be my last ever trip on Black Betty as I have put down a deposit on a new boat and pick her up in August when I get home from graft and she is completed. She is an Aqua Fish 18 and is being fitted with a 150hp outboard.

Name:	IMG_7709.jpg
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	1534750

Name:	IMG_7708.jpg
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	1534751
    She will a pilothouse so a bit more comfort again with me kicking on in years and getting soft! I will likely move back to Royal Quays next season as well.
    Black Betty is now up for sale if anyone is interested, get in touch.

Name:	IMG_7801.jpg
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	1534752

Graham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking boat Graham, look forward to seeing her In Royal Quays
    (lots more wrecks down here &#128512

Norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Very smart Graham. 150 horse pushing 18ft of boat – that will be a flying machine.

Comment

Nice looking shell Graham, sorry your moving back down to the tyne, having said that, more wreck's better fishing. good luck m8.

Comment

Whoaaah Black Betty!

See you at the RQ next season Graham 👍
          Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
          I AGREE

Comment

That's a tough looking machine you're buying into Graham. Good for you. Will miss your reports from my home base though. Having made the move north, I personally prefer it to RQ for a great many reasons, but it's good to experience new possibilities too. I'm no spring chicken either and am thinking about something bigger. But what ? Go down the second-hand route with a Mitchell or Aqua Star, or buy new like you? Keep us informed as to how your new pride and joy lives up to your expectations.

Comment

Lovely new boat, looks very similar to the Raider 18 👍

Comment

Cracking looking vessel Graham, hope you have many full boxes.
                P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Working...
                X