Slinky Kate (remember us?!) 1st June 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate (remember us?!) 1st June 2019

Haven’t done a report in quite a while because A) we haven’t really done a huge amount of fishing of late since last season kinda died a death before it even started and B) when we have fished, it hasn’t been anything much to shout about.

So in lieu of the time out on the water we have lavished the old gal with love and attention by way of new stuff and a bit of a clean up.

So...this season she’s had:

New ropes
    New fenders
    Fender sock thingys
    New anchor ropes and shackles
    Anchor rode bag (ooooh)
    New fish boxes

As well as generally having a darn good clean in the areas that ordinarily don’t get touched!

Norman still hasn’t retired so we’re still bound by weekend weather and we finally hit lucky yesterday.

It was a very leisurely 0830 start at the marina - driven mainly by the fact we had it install the newly roped anchor and that low tide wasn’t until 0900 - so it was our plan to fish the flood.

Up and out by 0850 and past the piers a little after 0900 saw us have a first drop within casting distance “just to see”

Boom!

Less than sixty seconds and into the first fish of the day

Mint! Just what the doctor ordered!

We managed to scratch out a couple more then decided to head north to familiar grounds. It seems there was some kind of WW2 re-enactment going on because there were enough boats to re-do the Normandy landings

I hope everyone was catching - because we were!

First drop in a little hole saw this...

Wowzers - what a trip so far

Norman also managed a few too

All told we managed a box full with probably the same number and more put back for another day.

Few more pics:

Fantastic trip and a much needed tonic from the hassles of life

Cheers Norm!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

wondered where u lads had been, great pictures as usual, plenty of fish aswell, well done.

Comment

great report n good read

Comment

Fine fishing, fine pic’s, fine report and fine pairs of legs lads – although they’re almost as white as the freshly polished SK.

Comment

Seemingly the day the fishing “switched on’ judging by a few reports I’ve seen about.

Well done fellas, look forward to a few more reports in the coming months...👌🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

Nice one good to get out eh it will br my turn 2morra sitting in the shetlands ay the mo be in the marina 2ne ti

Comment

Great report, Slinky is looking lovely!

Graham.

Comment

Great to see Slinky reports again boat looks in tip top condition heres to many more reports

Comment

The boys are back in town!

Thought you two had given up posting reports. Great to see you and Norman back in the saddle so to speak Tony. Perhaps you might inspire more to post on NESA, which seems to have taken a dive in active members.

Great read.

Lynn

Comment

The problem is the way we all use the internet these days I think.

A lot of folks are able to snap a pic and post to Facebook quicker than it takes to write a report in the ‘old skool’ style.

That said, Tapatalk is quite good because it hosts the pics and lets you insert them easily enough without the fanny on of photobucket.

I used to type up the reports in word, upload the pics to photobucket, insert the pic links at the necessary parts into the text..and then cut and paste into NESA via conventional web browser. That’s a lot of effort!

I don’t use FB for the fishing forums but do lurk around them occasionally...

Anywho enough from me

Does anyone need a mould making? Drop NORMAN a message on here or contact via website

Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                    I AGREE

Comment

Good to see you both back on providing much-needed reports

Slinky looks immaculate

The effort you put in to post is appreciated.

Jonny
                      PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Working...
                      X