Black Betty II 21/05/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Betty II 21/05/19

A later than normal first trip off of the season but at least it wasn’t a blank like the first trip normally is.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7724.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	1534737
    I headed South from Amble and was into fish straight away and christened the new Interline rod. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7729.jpg
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	1534736
    I had only brought a little bit of bait with me as it was a test run of the boat after servicing and being out for the winter, once the bait ran out the fish still came to shads though.
    I ended up keeping a dozen and threw a good few back. Biggest one today was just over 3lb I would say. A cracking couple of hours on the water.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	EF02E77B-F36A-441F-958F-0E3CCBB6CCD3.jpg
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	1534738

Graham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great start to your season , how was the inline rod for shadding ?

Comment

The rod was great. It got rid of one of the main problems of the braid wrapping around the tip ring when bouncing the shads. I think I will buy the next weight up for the deeper marks and heavier weights/pirks.

Graham.

Comment

Good report.nice to be out, and catching fish, Look forward to the bigger fish coming in.

Comment

Good to see you out Graham. I saw Black Betty on the hard just a couple of weeks back with what looked like a lot of on-going work taking place. Did you strip her back and re-paint?

Look forward to reading more of your reports.

Comment

She got a bottom scrape and new anti foul. Then it was a full clean and polish. I was going to re flow coat the deck but getting back fishing came higher on the priority list!!

Graham.

Comment

It’s good to see some familiar names popping up in the boat reports, a sure sign that summer is almost here. Keep the reports coming.

Comment

nice one Graham mate

Norman
                ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Great to see old faces! How are you managing with the yacht Kevin and how many doubles so far this season on Slinky Norman?

Graham.

Comment

Good report, nice to see the fish coming to shads.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham B View Post
                      Great to see old faces! How are you managing with the yacht Kevin and how many doubles so far this season on Slinky Norman?

Graham.

We’ve managed a trip up to Amble back in March and a few other days out. There’s plenty of space for fishing but getting anywhere is much slower.

Comment

Working...
                      X