Round the island 17 Sept 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round the island 17 Sept 2018

Looking at the forecast, this is not the best week to choose to take a week off work, but I couldn't change it.

Today looked the only day remotely fishable, so Oli and I set out from Amble marina thinking we wouldn't go far, and as it happened, we didn't.

We started off fishing the northern end of Coquet Island. The weather was ok to start with, and the drift was moderate. In the first hour, I had half-a-dozen codling, all of which were tiny, a couple of mackerel and a ballan wrasse.

We worked our way around the island in an anti-clockwise direction. The fishing wasn't great, and there were long spells without even a bite. We tried from 12 feet to 80 feet, but the fish were elusive.

Conditions deteriorated through the early afternoon, and by 2.30pm we had had enough and came in. I had in total around 15 small codling, a small Pollack, a small coalie, 3 Ballan wrasse and 8-9 mackerel. I also lost several rigs due to discarded ropes, neither of which showed up on the Dragonfly nor on the fishfinder.

I somehow doubt we are going to be out at any time during the rest of my holiday.
    Attached Files

Another good report MA looks like all the decent fish are up the Farnes.

Comment

Working...
    X