Black Betty II 09.04.18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Betty II 09.04.18

It's under catch reports but shouldn't be really as it was the obligatory first trip of the seasons' blank! I am off back to graft for eight weeks on Monday so I was desperate to get off with the rest of the week useless weather wise.

After being lifted back in we headed off to a lovely sea and all ran well with the boat after servicing.

A dash off to the east 9 miles and on top of the first wreck for nothing! The drift speed was 0 which didn't help. The fog came in thick and it was that cold we were on iceberg lookout.

The next wreck was the same so we headed for Creswell skeers.
    The fog didn't clear, the fish didn't turn up and it was freezing so we called it a day early.

I know it was too early but fingers crossed everything is on fire by the time I get home in June.

Good Luck,

Graham.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cracking photos

Comment

top pictures there m8 looks a nice little craft you got there
      consett warlord retired

Comment

great report and brilliant photos even though no fish to be seen lets hope others follow your lead and get the boat reports back on NESA this season always great to read local North East reports

Comment

Hard luck Graham, but I suspect the lack of tide had something to do with it.

I saw Black Betty on the hard and you've spruced her up nicely. I'm planning to take Ayva Leigh out this weekend and get the engine serviced and give her a thorough clean up after the winter.

See you around when you get back
          Adrian

Comment

Good to get out Graham, shame about the blank, but now the boat's back in the water and you had a trip of she's ready for you coming back from graft and hopefully the fish will be showing.

Comment

It was worth a try Graham. By the time you're back the fish should be showing.

Comment

Working...
              X