Nothing doing today 8th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing doing today 8th April

The forecast was fair, and I needed an excuse to give the engine a run and try to wash some of the weed from Ayva Leigh's bottom after a couple of month's inactivity.

With my son Oli to keep me company we headed out of Amble on the high tide at 09.30. And what a beautiful calm flat sea. So rare. With some lug and frozen prawn on board for me, and some new shads for Oli, we went flat out down to Cresswell. The fishing was awful, with me bagging a solitary codling, but at least the slime had gone from the bottom of the boat. There were some lads out from Blyth on a Predator and they had fished all the way up the coast and had the same lack of fish as us.

We then tried our luck out on half-a-dozen wrecks up to 6 miles out, but had the same lack of success, but at least the water was clearer out there.

To be fair, we knew that it was a very small tide, and that there would be very little chance of catching much, but if you don't try you will never know.

At least you didn't blank, well done!
    Black Betty is getting lifted back in tomorrow. As long as everything is ok I will be heading off to wet a line and a posting a report tomorrow.
    I'll give Creswell a miss if the water is dirty.

Graham.

Comment

Two of us off Newbiggin in the yaks tried few marks up to drop off where wave buoy is, anchoring and drifting , lures and bait . My mate had two codlings i had one keeper to save the blank . Couple weeks hopefully make a difference .Lovely day mind

Comment

I, it was poor last weekend, we tried many wrecks then a patch of ground and only landed 1 fish each. Will give it a week or two and try again. Lovely day to be at sea mind, warm, flat as could be and cracking drifts...just no fish yet.

Too many seals about now as well, 1/3 of the wrecks we tried had a seal above them, upto 9 mile off.
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb
        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Still nice to be out, and you all caught something. Looking forward to this summer.

Comment

great to read the reports I had feared NESA was dying with the lack of reports last season with a lot of reports from this neck of the woods going to another well now fishing site keep the reports coming to NESA it belongs to us.

Comment

I am not even tempted anymore to boat-fish in April.

Comment

Working...
              X