Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jfk -two 23rd feb

fri 23rd
    a few of the lads asked me to post a report for yesterday, just to show that this coming season is showing plenty of promise, especially over our last couple of trips
    decided to squeeze a day out today before the coming bad weather, really pleased we did, what a excellent day, especially for February, decided to push a good way off.
    and it paid off from the first drop fish straight on, and picked up fish every drift. loads of nice fish 5-6lbs stamp. with Michael breaking his personal best with a lovely cod of 10.5lbs
    and regular tony picking up a nice ling tipping the scales at over 13lbs 7 anglers taking over 100 fish
    with fish seeming to be inshore and now offshore don't think it'll be long before all the boats
    are out and catching and reporting
    tight lines
    Attached Files
    Last edited by allans; 24-02-2018, 09:57 PM.
    FISHING

Nice one Allan. You're showing us bags of hope.

Cheers
    Adrian

Comment

great trip lads,welldone to the skipper aswell..

Comment

Nice1 Allen.

I love a cold winter with north and east winds, seem to of had my better seasons after a cold winter, cant wait for this year as feel it will be a belter if that wind plays ball.
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb
        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

promising signs

Originally posted by northeast1 View Post
          Nice1 Allen.

I love a cold winter with north and east winds, seem to of had my better seasons after a cold winter, cant wait for this year as feel it will be a belter if that wind plays ball.
          aye Richie, we've had a good winter when we get out its been really canny steady fishing
          at anchor and now on the drift,
          definitely a good sign, got to agree the colder the winter is the better the season seems to be, and I feel were going to have a good coming season, always down to how much wind we have like
          FISHING

Comment

I have only been out twice so far this year and done canny, no doublers like yours but steady stream of 3-6lb cod n ling on the drift.

Fingers crossed for a good year, we are due one and a less windy one would be good...due to change in job I be struggling to get out anywhere near the amount of previous years, be lucky to fish 6 times a month.
            ................__................................ .............................
            ____[ ~ \_____
            [__On-A-Roll__/
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            P.B
            SKATE 204lb
            COD 51lb
            LING 32lb
            TOPE 40lb
            CONGER 25lb
            HADDOCK 10lb
            HALIBUT 37lb
            COALIE 16lb