jfk two 18th feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jfk two 18th feb

its been a little quite on the site so decided to put up a little update up, to give everybody a
    little hope for the coming season
    we have managed to get out a few times latterly, and each trip has been promising with canny catches each trip.[around 40 -50 fish]
    and today was no exception, with a cracking days fishing,
    taking over 70 fish and most in the 5-6lbs bracket a few over 7lbs, and Alan tommy and Chris taking 12 to 14 fish each, mostly all prime cod. a couple of Pollack and a few ling
    definitely showing plenty of promise,
    Attached Files
    FISHING

Well done Alan. Looks a happy bunch today.

I managed to get out from Amble for the first time in several months too. It was a cracking morning but got a bit bumpy around lunchtime when the predicted southerlies picked up. Fortunately they all dropped away in the afternoon.

I started off around Hauxley, trying different depths since the water was very clear - viz down to about 8 foot, and the drift was just 0.8knots, but drew a blank using rag and frozen prawn.

I then dropped down to Cresswell, where the conditions were perfect. In fact, it was just nice to be out there, buzzing around at full speed without slamming or bouncing around too much. At Cresswell, I picked up something like 30 fish, with about 4-5 keepers, but nothing of great size and nowhere near as large as Alan's haul. But it was good fun and the fish kept coming. I just ran out of daylight hours. Apart from a lone yak off Hauxley, there was not another soul around in sight.

It was interesting to see a lot of bird activity about 3 miles out - hundreds of gulls all diving, which made me think there must be a lot of herring about. Maybe time for shads, if the water stays clear?
    Attached Files

Comment

Still nice to get out and catch, thank's for posting both of you.

Comment

Well done Allan something for me to right about
        Alan

Comment

aye my alibi. it was by far the nicest, day of the year so far, with flat seas and sunshine could have been a day in may,nice to hear of fish and clean water north as well.
          I probably say this every year. but it does look like a promising start to the season.
          FISHING

Comment

That's an encouraging start to the season Allan, and it's good to see some reports coming in.

Comment

Great to see encouraging catch reports coming in again.

Me and my mate are booked on the JFK Two next Friday (2nd) - I'm really looking forward to getting out, think I'll get the gear sorted out early !
              Lost another rig

Comment

Originally posted by Boga View Post
                Great to see encouraging catch reports coming in again.

Me and my mate are booked on the JFK Two next Friday (2nd) - I'm really looking forward to getting out, think I'll get the gear sorted out early !
                I know I'm replying to myself - but the weather has different plans - I'm going shooting instead. Next I'll get out on the water !
                Lost another rig

Comment

Originally posted by Boga View Post
                  I know I'm replying to myself - but the weather has different plans - I'm going shooting instead. Next I'll get out on the water !
                  aye sorry weathers no good
                  FISHING

Comment

Working...
                  X