Slow Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Day

We left Hartlepool Sat morning with 6 anglers aboard. The sea was flat, but it was freezing cold. We tried fishing close in on the ground, but caught only whities.So we went out a few miles further, still the same the further out the quieter it got so I tried a wreck that was close by which produced some nice clean fish, nothing massive, we didn't weigh them but they were probably around 6 or 7lb. We also had some very nice ling, so all in all, after a very slow start we managed to get a few fish so it wasn't a complete waste.

North Star is available for bookings over the Christmas period except for Christmas day and Boxing day.
    CLEVELAND LGV TRANSPORT

Nice one Jim, you plugged away and got among them in the end..
    What did they catch them on, pirks or bait

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
      Nice one Jim, you plugged away and got among them in the end..
      What did they catch them on, pirks or bait
      everything was on bait.
      CLEVELAND LGV TRANSPORT

Comment

it looked spot on to be out yesterday..

well done on getting fish.. happy punters..

Comment

just my flippin luck jim,available all week weather no good

sat on duty with dragon,weather spot on and FISH grrr

well done anyhoo
          AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Originally posted by lingking View Post
            just my flippin luck jim,available all week weather no good

sat on duty with dragon,weather spot on and FISH grrr

well done anyhoo
            Henpecked....

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
              Henpecked....
              amalgamating brownie points for year 2013,is my take on it
              AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Originally posted by lingking View Post
                amalgamating brownie points for year 2013,is my take on it
                I forgot about the brownie points...i must start doing the same... Well done for Saturday

Comment

brownie points....brownie points....god don't let paul see this..

Comment

Originally posted by easyfish1 View Post
                    brownie points....brownie points....god don't let paul see this..
                    Dont you start , you're the culprit that started it by spoiling the bride with holidays, ipads, iphone 5's and multiple hairdressing appointments....

Comment

Comment

well done Jim, perseverance payed off, i heard another boat had a decent catch off one of the wrecks, might be that the cod have moved off the ground.

I suspect after these winds the fish might be back inshore.

For those hen pecked trekkies,........ nowt wrong with earnin brownie points, BUT its down to timing,

earn them now and get nowt out of it straight away....waste of time,......
                        they have a terrible memory and you will have to do it again. FACT

TIP
                        think about what you want or go, do your homework well in advance, set it up and slip it in while your doin your thing....get what you are hunting for at that point.....

i do it on occasions,
                        Last one was when i lent her me chesties when she was cutting the grass after a down pour,
                        i had stuffed the toes previously with kitchen roll, and got the petrol
                        There was a bit of pre planning on this,

At Home................
                        I slipped it in that i am spoiling the camera on the boat, sat on the couch and pretended to cleaned it all up, left some cleaner on the lens, took a shot and put it on the telly..... all blurred...took a second...al blurred......let them all see it........., cleaned it off took another shot and clear shot taken,
                        i took it in the kneck for a minute that i am knacking the good camera up,...."sorry pet its the fish guts, just can't keep it off"....me 4 kids kick in.... "MAAAM me dads breakin the camera"......she's on !!!!,.... brilliant, .......stroke of genius

i got the petrol and filled the tank just before i came away and said nowt....nice touch, eh

At Work....
                        On the phone that night when she was braggin how good i am and she didn't even have to dry her socks out after !!....... I told her don't worry about the green on them i will clean it off when i come home just hang them back up, she was well chuffed, no wet feet and kept her warm..............i slipped it in i might get a new camera for the boat so's not to spoil the good house camera (she has a flash back at this point).....the gopro3 is in the bag as we speak.........now thats how ya do it

Do your home work so your ready to hit the buy it now button
                        Preplan how to prepare WELL in advance
                        Time it to slip it in, just enough to engrave it on the grey stuff
                        Hint at it at the time of the points being earned as a reminder
                        DO NOT let her help, just keep winging away and you do it. (most important)
                        Timing to hit the button, normally just at the backend of your duties.
                        Optional**get the kids within range........they have massive influence.
                        Job done !!!!

Now this can only be done once,
                        You will have slight groin pain after but its worth it, I repeat only once.

For those who use Amazon, there is a one click buy button.
                        make sure you have pre planned it and your home work is done.

While she is on the laptop and watchin x-factor (multi tasking) ask her to search what you have lined up.
                        Go and make her a coffee, stay in the kitchen, then go get her a bag of monster munch...(thats the touch that will ease the pain a few minutes later (important) a few minutes and go in the sitting room

Sit next to her, when she finds it in amazon, take the laptop... wait a few minutes, pretend to read the reviews and hit the "one click buy"...then screem out...."sh!te what have i done".... she will immediately come out of the "blue motion mode"......" i tried to put it in the basket and hit the wrong button pet...sorry"..."for christs sake how did that happen !!"...

A few minute of severe abuse will follow, possible violence (remain seated if possible).... a quick kick in the balls if your stood and job done......when you get out of the doctors, it'll probably be in the post office ready to pick up.

Hope it Helps
                        Paul

Comment

learn from the master.............

mr paul......we salute you...

i'm getting her 2 new bike tyres for xmass....now thats spoiling her...

Comment

Originally posted by victorclub View Post
                            We left Hartlepool Sat morning with 6 anglers aboard. The sea was flat, but it was freezing cold. We tried fishing close in on the ground, but caught only whities.So we went out a few miles further, still the same the further out the quieter it got so I tried a wreck that was close by which produced some nice clean fish, nothing massive, we didn't weigh them but they were probably around 6 or 7lb. We also had some very nice ling, so all in all, after a very slow start we managed to get a few fish so it wasn't a complete waste.

North Star is available for bookings over the Christmas period except for Christmas day and Boxing day.
                            Sounds like one of my hectic days Jim.
                            2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Monster Munch ££££......Asda Smartprice Crisps more like it......you spoil her too much....

Cracking read Paul...

Comment

Working...
                              X