No announcement yet.

Costa Adeje Tenerife.Sunday 28/10/2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costa Adeje Tenerife.Sunday 28/10/2012.

Well lads as a treat for my retirement from the Police booked holiday to Tenerife with the family. Cruise for first seven nights then Costa Adeje for 7 nights.
    At the harbour popped into a local shop and booked a trip for 60 Euros. So about £55. It was for four hours. Seemed steep but checked boat out and Gavin the owner/skipper had some good looking stuff.

Nice looking reel with braid for small stuff to use as bait.

And big stuff for big fish.

We set off and stopped after a couple of mile out near some fish farms. Picked up some small stuff looking for macky with small rods. I even picked up a Herring when we did this.

Then after a short move the big rods went out and a big fish took the bait from one of the five rods. I had the pleasure of bringing in a 60-70 lb Ray. My biggest fish i have ever reeled in.

After some excellent guidance from Gavin got the fish to the side. It was to dangerous to bring the fish on board so wieght was estimated at 60-70 lb then after a couple of pics released.

An excellent trip and on getting back took a quick pic at what some local lads had caught. Small type of Tuna included.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Great pics and report Mick , well done on the PB fish , flip flops and tshirt..you lucky devil.........Have a good holiday....

Comment

Nice catch and report Mick. Think i'm going to the Canary Islands for Xmas this year and may book one of these trips.

Thanks for sharing.

PS You need to change the PB on your signature now
      Tight lines
      Davy

Comment

fancy posting this you lucky man seems a good time shame is 3 degrees here lol nice fish

Comment

looks well worth the money to me i spend about £15 a week to fish roker pier i know where i would rather be and its not costa del sunderland
          KOMPRESSOR SPORT
          PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
          PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
          OKUMA TRIO 55
          YUKI RUBYMAR
          RON THOMPSON TYRON
          SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Looks like you enjoyed your trip mate and that's a nice resort as well we love it there, your going to have lots of fishing time now

Comment

Absolute cracker of a post Mick, well done on your retirment mate.

great pictures and report

norm
              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
              ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Fabulous report Mick, I hope you have a long and happy retirement.
                Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Cracking report and pics. Was the ray identified?

Comment

Nice fish well dune and nice hot sun too
                    Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

nice one mick it was worth it by the look on your chevy chase lol
                      did eeerrrr ya snap it off like?thats a shame teeeheeeeheeeheeee and take your rubbish home and dont be a meth

Comment

Lads it was a Rough Tailed Ray. They have a venomous spine.

Mick.
                        Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Mick. That's a rough tailed flounder from the Heugh. Taken with a Zoom lens. Don't expect one of them on Thurs night.!! Twelve months and counting !!!

Comment

Way to go Mick, fab report and photo's. It looks a degree or two warmer than here, ice & frost...........Brrrrrrrrr.
                            P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

im off to tenerife in december for a week to see the family, been a few times and always wondered how good the fishing would be on a boat. Might give it a go after your report.

Comment

Working...
                              X