Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver Star - Amble 23/6

Hey Everyone,

New boat owner out of Amble Marina (Quicksilver 500 - Silver Star) and after a couple of trial runs, managed to put a full shift in today. A bit lumpy in the wind, but hit mackrel almost from the off around the Coquet Mouth wreck.

Headed south planning on hunting out hard ground around Hauxley or Cresswell but it just got a bit uncomfortable in the slap so we headed around the East of Coquet Island for a bit of shelter. Not much - couple of small cod on rag and squid that went back in.

After 2pm we peeped around the North side of the island and began a few drifts which came up trumps with a decent bag of pan sized cod on rag/squid/mackrel and a couple on shads.

Picked up a couple more as we headed in and the tide slackened off for a brilliant end to the day.

Great result.

firstly a warm wellcome to site.
    seems like yous had a good days fishing.thanks for the feed back.

Comment

welcome to the site---nice report there on an iffy day regarding weather just goes to show you dont need to travel miles to pick up fish
      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Welcome mate.
        Perseverance paid off!
        "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
        PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Hi Silver star, welcome to the forum. Good to get your first report on, and fish as well.
          P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Welcome to nesa, i'll be out of amble next sunday, we alway's head down toward's cresswell way. at least you caught fish.

Comment

I've been away for the past couple of weeks through work and a family holiday, so it's good to know the mackerel are around off Amble, where I'm moored. I'll keep a look-out for you if I manage to get out next weekend. Mine's an Orkney 522, Ayva Leigh.

Comment

Welcome to the fold look forward to hearing from you again happy fishing

Comment

Working...
                X