Black Betty II 31/05/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Betty II 31/05/2017

I sneaked a trip in yesterday between slack water and the increase in the wind in the afternoon with Darren and Dave joining me.

Straight off it was into fish with a treble hook up but unfortunately Dave's came off.

We had our first mackerel of the season as well which went down as bait and worked well until the tide started to run.

As soon as the tide started to run we got most of the fish on lures. The fish were a better stamp today with some nice 3-5lb'ers.
    Darren had the biggest fish, a ling about 5 and a half pound.

The wind came as forecast and even belting her astern during the drift didn't help as the drift speed increased and made it impossible.

A cracking day out with good company and great fishing. A lot of the smaller fish were released with only about 15 being kept for the table. I think Darren pipped me for top rod on the day with two double hook ups taking him away from my total, my excuse is I was using Shads or I would have beaten him!

I am fully functioning again after the weekends excertions running the Edinburgh Marathon. I had a great day and raised some funds for a charity that means a whole lot to my family.

Tight Lines,

Graham.

Well done on both counts Graham, fish definitely showing further north now. Great report and photos.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

well done graham m8, on the report and the run. you should have put something up on here m8, i for one would have sponsored you.

Comment

Well done Graham. A good day out with some nice fish. I'll try my luck on Saturday. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...
        X