Boat catch reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat catch reports

Howay lads i know lots of you have been out in the hot weather im offshore grafting at the mo so why so few reports i know there have been plenty fish finding there way onto ya boats so lets hear about it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

12 1/2 lb ling i got today from the inshore wrecks out of sunderland and some cod, will hoy some pics up tomorrow

Comment

Massive tides and southeasterly winds putting people off at the moment, not ideal.
      P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

I went out of Amble on Sunday, but only just scraped over the tidal sill at the marina. It was a big tide alright!

Headed down to Cresswell where all the charter boats were, including JFK. Surprisingly, for such a big tide the drift was 0.4knots up to slack water at 12.00, rising to 0.8 knots up to 14.00 when it flattened completely to 0.2knots. I was using 8oz leads but could probably have gone lighter.

Lovely day to be out, flat calm. Water viz good down to about 9-10 feet. Lots of baitfish, both on the sonar and watching all the bird activity.

And the fishing ? Very sporadic. Lots of small stuff, with odd codling to 4 pound, fresh lug and frozen prawns doing the damage once again.

At 14.30, with the tide giving no drift at all, I headed out to the wrecks. Daft really, seeing nobody else was out there and the charter boats were working the hard ground. Viz out there was down to 10-12 feet, but the water does have a greenish tinge. True to form, nothing happening at all on any of the wrecks, so came back in.

I'm taking part in the Sea-Fishing survey again this year (SA2017) so have to record my catches in detail. Tally for the day was 28 codling, but out of that only 4-5 keepers. But aside from the fishing, it was a really glorious day to be scooting about on the boat.
        Attached Files

Comment

great report and pictures m8.

Comment

Nice onr mate at keast ya getting out thats what its all about good report keep em coming

Comment

Working...
            X