Black Betty II 23/05/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Betty II 23/05/2017

Another leisurely start after the school run and off I went, solo again today as there were no takers to join me.
    The sea was lovely on the way out and just a little lumpy off a bit but it faired away.

First drop and straight into a whopper!

I can't believe the size of some of these codlings and the bait they take.
    That was the story of the day, a lot of small fish all over with not much over 3lb. All taken on bounced shads.

I had a run down to Creswell skeers as the wind picked up and speeded up the drift. I had a few fish there as well but crab was the killer with bites as soon as the bait hit the bottom, again tiddlers though.
    On the way up I had a quick go for flattys whilst filleting but nothing turned up.

I did find out one thing though, my filleting knife is very sharp!

I took a good sized chunk out of the end of my thumb!
    I think that will be the last session out for a while with a fair but going on and I have got to have the gearbox oil changed soon and the boat out of the water.

Tight Lines,

Graham.

well done for getting out graham m8, a love fishing down cresswell way, watch that thumb.

Comment

Thumbs up on a cracking report and photos thanks

Comment

amble fishing

Hi Graham,

Spoke to you a couple of weeks back on the marina, you were waiting to go out but I understand you were scuppered with a bad connection on the new engine? I managed to get out four times that week and despite adverse conditions I fished the ebb at Cresswell. Fishing was very similar to your report...lot of small fish on bait... very little on the lures. Had one fish of about 5lb off the white house at Hauxley but I think that must have lost its way! no decent pollack yet. Will be up for a few sessions early June when will head north...good luck see you then!

Colin H

Comment

Nice to meet you Colin, fingers crossed if I can walk after the marathon on Sunday I will be out next week.

Graham.

Comment

Great pics Graham

Comment

Cracking report Graham, and perfect photos. First blood eh! good luck with the marathon.
              P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Working...
              X