Amble 20 May 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amble 20 May 2017

Set off at 10.30 am, just before high water. Nice conditions and good water clarity, so set off for the 6 mile wrecks. It was strangely quiet though, with only a couple of small fish around. Either the slow tide kept them off the feed, or someone had beaten me to it, though I could only see 2 other boats working this group of wrecks. After the 5th wreck, and with a promise to have fish for dinner, I went inshore to Cresswell.

Out came the frozen prawn/black lug combo. The drift was still a bit slow, but when I saw Alan on JFK show up a little while after me my hopes rose.

The fish came on the feed when the drift rose to 1 knot, but most were small undersized fish. I switched around between jellies and daylights. I did have a nice double-shot on the baited daylights, with the larger fish weighing in around 6 and half pound. I kept 4 of the larger fish, and at least 30 smaller fish went back, including a nice-sized pout.

I headed back in at 18.30 after a nice day out
    Attached Files

Pretty much the same off the Tyne wrecks, with most boats fishing the hard ground to save the blank. Good move then coming inshore.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

we were out on hard ground out of tyne only managed three codling heaviest 3lb things can only get better my mate had 14 mackeral on his boat

Comment

I had half an hour fishing the hard ground before the rain, wind and thunder arrived. There was nothing at first then I hit a shoal of pan sized fish. The were shy takers with most of them nipping at the bait and dropping off on the way up.

Comment

That's a canny session, I didn't fare as well on Thursday last week but had fish from all wrecks but one in particular had more on, down that way.
          I am off tomorrow all being well so let you know how I get on.

Graham.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham B View Post
            That's a canny session, I didn't fare as well on Thursday last week but had fish from all wrecks but one in particular had more on, down that way.
            I am off tomorrow all being well so let you know how I get on.

Graham.

Good luck Graham. I saw your boat alongside so figured you hadn't made it out. She looks very nice - I bet she's a stable platform too.

Cheers
            Adrian

Comment

canny session there m8 nice to see a few fish landed
              consett warlord retired

Comment

things slowly picking up, hope to get among them this week......watch this space.
                •Secretary not permanent fixture until screwed on top of desk
                Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
                :man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day

PB COD 22LB (BOAT) Grafter h'pool
                LING 21LB (BOAT) Esmeralda h'pool
                CONGER 30LB (BOAT) IOM
                THORNBACK RAY 13LB (BOAT) ULLAPOOL
                COD 12LB PIER(middleton)
                CARP 30LB CANADA
                PIKE 25LB SCOTLAND

Comment

Working...
                X