lazy Daze catch report 17/5/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lazy Daze catch report 17/5/17

At last, a windless day... headed to the hard ground around the can again, but this time, armed with some waited shads of 30grams, plus some prawns and frozen crab, just in case...
    Just about top of the tide, so very little drift in the calm conditions. Shad went straight down on 20lb braid, and within a couple of lifts, was into a fish which came off mid water. Same again, a few lifts, fish on, but again, came off mid water.
    By now, what little tide there was, was now gone.
    So headed off to the nearest wreck, and basicly just sat over it using prawns on a double flapper rig catching pouting and small codlings, apart from a codling of about 4lb.
    Soon it was time to head back to the hard ground at the can as the tide was starting to ebb, and started to pick up the odd fish in the 2-3lb range, again using the shad again. one drop, I thought i'd snagged the bottom, but then delighted to see the rod start to "bump". Oooo I thought, this feels better, and suddenly, it realised it was hooked. Off it went on the iight spinning rod I was using, stripping line and shaking it's head, it surfaced out of 43ft of water, a nice cod around 7 to 8lb. Another small codling, me belly wanting it's dinner, a good feeling the season is starting at last, I called it a day, and headed in.

sorry, theres two of the box of fish, this computer has got me demented.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Well done Arthur, some nice fish there, keep it up.

Comment

Superb report Arthur, you give us all some hope

norm
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

well done arthur, a can't wait.

Comment

Get in there Arthur !!!
          chucking fampion 👍
          Cheers Bert

Comment

Great fishing Arthur and a nice write up and photo’s; I can almost see my house.
            You’re certainly right that it’s a good feeling that the season has started, it must be tough being retired.

Comment

Working...
            X