Tcq 07/08/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tcq 07/08/12

48 miles travelled today for not a lot, in fact not a thing off most wrecks with the exception of one we fished on the way out and back and was stuffed each time! Why did I bother trying the others and not stay put god only knows!!!
    In total we fished 8 wrecks for just the odd whiting using various tactics, and big mackerel baits over slack with nada, zip, zilch zero!
    No photos again today but there will be on Saturday as it will be my last trip off before back to graft.

Graham.

Hard luck Graham sounds like a lot of motoring.

Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Told you to stay at Amble Graham , the wrecks up here are stuffed with big fat cod , every single one of them, the cod all in a feeding frenzy as well , or at least it will be like that the next time I'm out , well I hope it will
      I still havn't found a wreck stuffed with fish this year so far, it's been a case of one or two here and another there and working hard to get them.
      Still fun though

Comment

Aye Graham 48 miles is quite a trip, but at least you tried, and its better than watching the Olympics

Comment

Graham, I think 48 was the wrong number mate .......

I'll no doubt see you at a much smaller number than that on Saturday .....

norm
          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
          ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Well, I reckon the outboard is well run in if nowt else The inshore wrecks seem to be where there are a few fish, but not like the numbers of previous years. Good luck on your last trip before graft Graham.
            P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

That's what I am finding hard to work with Ray. You would expect most wrecks to give up one maybe two fish even though they aren't stuffed, but they are barren??? These are even wrecks we had fish off earlier in the year? I would have thought there would have been something there?
              Still loving Royal Quays Ray, get yourself down mate! The 24 hour access and not worrying about coming in as you can come in at anytime is a huge bonus and there are some cracking lads down here. Petrol pump on site as well and locking in/out is a doddle, it's easier if you have to go alongside another boat as well whilstlocking in/out as they take your ropes rather than you tying yourself up!
              Very low numbers on Saturday Norman! can't wait.

Graham.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham B View Post
                That's what I am finding hard to work with Ray. You would expect most wrecks to give up one maybe two fish even though they aren't stuffed, but they are barren??? These are even wrecks we had fish off earlier in the year? I would have thought there would have been something there?
                Still loving Royal Quays Ray, get yourself down mate! The 24 hour access and not worrying about coming in as you can come in at anytime is a huge bonus and there are some cracking lads down here. Petrol pump on site as well and locking in/out is a doddle, it's easier if you have to go alongside another boat as well whilstlocking in/out as they take your ropes rather than you tying yourself up!
                Very low numbers on Saturday Norman! can't wait.

Graham.
                Spot on there Graham ....... (and fun too with some of the big yachts in the lock )
                Hope the weather holds for the weekend ... showing a bit of easterly from friday, but not strong so I guess it's all up to how the sea picks up (or better still, doesn't pick up)

norm
                ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Working...
                X