Shady: catch report 5/7/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shady: catch report 5/7/12

Bert and myself started off at the first wreck the "glory hole" where kyle and bert took 18lb ling a week previously. The weather was a bit foggy but visability was ok and conditions were just right. First drop resulted in a 10.8lb cod by bert, cracking start. We progressed onto the next wreck north of the north pier and past a pod of dolphines chasing mackeral, dawn was breaking to the sight of a lovely red sun and the first drift produced big coleys between 2 and 3lb. However, we were after the cod and it wasnt long before we hit into them, my first rip produced a 8.5lb and a few around the 6 mark. As we moved further a field we had to use pirks and shads as we could not get down past the whitings coley and mackeral with daylights and hokki's. We seen the JFK out and about as well as clyde who bumped into us "literally" lol right turn clyde. As we moved about we were slowly picking up cod along the way and both had a decent number of cod within the box. Ling were caught but were undersized. As we moved inshore along whitburn before coming home, I struck into a nice fish 9lb10. Overall, a cracking session was had. cheers bert.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cod Commando; 06-08-2012, 03:57 PM. Reason: pics added for catch report: 5/8/12

some crackers there guys, typical that i was lying under a car in the rain whilst you guys were hauling kerd! See you thursday night.

Comment

some nice size fillets there boys
      Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Great report Paul
        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Super report and catch!

Graham.

Comment

Cheers lads, forgot to mention I caught a flounder on a 6 inch shad!!!! The greedy bugger

Comment

Nice one gents, well done.

norm
              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
              ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Working...
              X