Tcq 03/08/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tcq 03/08/12

Off out yesterday afternoon with Micky at 15:30, I had her through the locks and fuelled up ready to go with micky not finishing graft until three! These office dwellers, I much prefer my one day at work for one day off ratio!
    We had planned to head to new ground on account of the forecast but on getting to the piers yet again it was a se'ly snotty choppy sea and not very good for bashing back not if we went too far North!
    The first few wrecks gave us either nowt, solitary fish at best and after fishing about eight we finally hit one that had huge bait balls showing on the sounder again with fish to go along with them! Shame it was almost eight O clock by now and gettin dusky! One more wreck on the way in and the bait balls and fish were present again!
    Finall tally of ten kept cod with a few returned, two ling, one pollack to Micky and some big coalies to me, I lost count of the number of 1lb plus whiting, three at a time sometimes which made hitting the cod difficult!
    Washing the boat down and flushing the engine in the dark was a new experience!
    No photos today but I shall endeavour to take some when I am off next, all being well on Sunday! Can't wait!

Graham.

Came good in the end Graham. Looking ahead to the winter shore fishing, it looks like there'll be plenty whiting at least.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Working...
    X