"Ali-Cat" Hartlepool, Monday 30th July 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ali-Cat" Hartlepool, Monday 30th July 2012

I was privileged to be invited onboard today to spend the day in the company of the editor from Total Sea Angling Magazine, Barney Wright along with Sam Harris and a couple of friends of theirs, Alan and Stan.
    We left around 9am, a little later than normal into a calm sea, looking to fish the ebb after dinnertime.
    Dave tried a wreck just to see what was happening, but all was quiet, so off to rough ground it was.
    During the day the fish came on board at sporadic intervals, with cod to about 9lb.
    Some good sized Whiting were taken and one or two Coalfish, and a nice Pollock
    Bait fishing, was certainly the order of the day, not that many fish went to shads, even though every colour and variant was tried throughout the day.
    Even with bait the fishing was, to say the least sluggish, but at the end of the day I would guestimate about 60 fish, Cod, Whiting, Pollock and the one solitary Ling, and the surprise landing of a brilliantly coloured Octopus.
    The weather played a blinder today, jackets on, jackets off, jackets on until the forecasted wind arrived towards the end of the day, at which we headed back to port at 5pm
    An article of the trip onboard “Ali-Cat” is to be published by Barney in the Total Sea Fishing Magazine in the near future, and we were promised some “Rogue’s Galleries “ photo’s for sure.
    A nice pleasant day and as normal brilliant banter between all on board.
    Until the next time
    John S

great report and some good fish i look forward to reading it in tsf what issue will it be in or dont you no mate

tight lines
    species so far 2012cod bass flounder plaice dab colie weaver whitie rockling

target for 2012

:catch a bass of 2lb catch a cod of 5lb catch a plaice of 2lb catch a thornback

Comment

some nice fish and ya carnt complain with that weather we had a few fish today also headed in when it got a wee breezy
      Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Ali-Cat

Barney was keeping the issue date close to his chest mate, I suppose it might improve the sales slightly once the word gets around, I already get it delivererd, but its great news that the North East is going to feature in the National Magazines.
        He never stopped taking photos, hope he got my good side
        John S

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Shad View Post
          Barney was keeping the issue date close to his chest mate, I suppose it might improve the sales slightly once the word gets around, I already get it delivererd, but its great news that the North East is going to feature in the National Magazines.
          He never stopped taking photos, hope he got my good side
          great news that bud we aint in the magazines much and well done on your fish

tight lines
          species so far 2012cod bass flounder plaice dab colie weaver whitie rockling

target for 2012

:catch a bass of 2lb catch a cod of 5lb catch a plaice of 2lb catch a thornback

Comment

Working...
          X