jfk 23rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jfk 23rd

Headed out 7,30 and looking between the piers all you could see was white caps and thought here we go, went to a 3 mile off wreck which lasted 5 mins too rough and drifting to fast so the ground it was, steamed up to newbiggin for the day drifts were fast and fish were few and far between, took a lad out for his 1st ever trip and he blanked. Lost 10 of me leads and rigs and f**ked me multiplier, and i walked away with 2lber, fish were there but not biting, bout 10 fish on boat all day, conditions were **** but we tried, added bounus we got a tener off the trip, forcast better tomorrow so gud look if your out then

Been fishing with Alan on the Sarah JFK for years mate ,it does happen but not very often,Alan is a excellent skipper and puts you right on the fish. His 1st lieutenant isnt bad either ,had some excellent catches with him and the banter is second to none ,sorry your mate blanked but sounds like the weather was not the best , if you dont go out and give it a go you will never catch anything and he reimbursed you a £10.
    As for losing gear that happens to everybody sometimes you lose loads sometimes nothing ,it happens and thats the joy of fishing

Comment

Originally posted by big fish View Post
      Been fishing with Alan on the Sarah JFK for years mate ,it does happen but not very often,Alan is a excellent skipper and puts you right on the fish. His 1st lieutenant isnt bad either ,had some excellent catches with him and the banter is second to none ,sorry your mate blanked but sounds like the weather was not the best , if you dont go out and give it a go you will never catch anything and he reimbursed you a £10.
      As for losing gear that happens to everybody sometimes you lose loads sometimes nothing ,it happens and thats the joy of fishing
      well said
      top man is alan skinner

Comment

Never been out on the JFK, but heard and read some excellent reports about the boat and skipper. The fact that he knocked £10.00 off your trip speaks volumes about the bloke, when the adverse weather was not his fault. Full marks and fair play to the skipper.

Comment

Originally posted by big fish View Post
          Well spoken m8 and you definately have to go prepared to lose some gear as your not an angler if you dont take plenty of gear but better luck next time m8.

Comment

I was onboard today and have sent paul a pm regarding the post just to clear up the matter of getting a tenner off was because we were back in early due to weather conditions and didn't get the full days fishing.

Comment

Ive had money back 3 times of alan, once coz there was no fish and twice because of the weather. Top bloke and skipper!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul R Dawson View Post
                Headed out 7,30 and looking between the piers all you could see was white caps and thought here we go, went to a 3 mile off wreck which lasted 5 mins too rough and drifting to fast so the ground it was, steamed up to newbiggin for the day drifts were fast and fish were few and far between, took a lad out for his 1st ever trip and he blanked. Lost 10 of me leads and rigs and f**ked me multiplier, and i walked away with 2lber, fish were there but not biting, bout 10 fish on boat all day, conditions were **** but we tried, added bounus we got a tener off the trip, forcast better tomorrow so gud look if your out then
                and wellcome to nesa.

Comment

Working...
                X