Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Famous" Hartlepool 22nd August

Monday 22nd August 2011
    A full boat today and everybody was onboard early for a prompt 7:30am kick off, left the Marina into a crisp fresh morning, forecast was for dry, bright weather with a slight easterly breeze coming late afternoon.
    We found the Mackerel on the first stop and half filled the box for the bait anglers then on to first of many rough ground spots, the drift running slightly too quick at 1.8knts to attempt the wrecks.
    Fishing began slowly with a few small codling to about 3 to 4lb on shads, a 7lb fish taken from the stern of the boat on baited Muppets soon followed.
    The majority of the guys were bait fishing and the Ling soon began coming in, numerous 6, 7s and 8lbers and at the end of the day approximately 45 good Ling, 4 doubles with the best tipping the scales at 14lb to one of our Polish anglers onboard, tally for codling on the day was approximately 30 fish ranging from 3 to 11˝lb.
    Whiting were very prolific throughout the trip, normally becoming a pest, However a very high proportion were keepers, best fish probably pushed 3lb but a number of 2lb+ were taken.
    The shads fished steadily throughout the day, Blues starting the best for the morning with Orange taking a few in the afternoon, but Rhubarb and Custard doing the business towards the end of the day. Paul our crewman for today, doing well taking about 12 fish with best about 8lb, Little Dave the skipper brought in a nice clean 11˝lb Cod on a 50 pence shad, just proves that you don’t have to have the most expensive gear to take fish.
    I fished quietly and steadily away during the day alternating between a mixture of bait and shads, (My dear Mam just loves Ling) and ended the day with 4 Ling to 9lb, 7 Codling to 8lb and 3 nice 2lb+ Whiting.
    A few casualties onboard suffered badly from the dreaded “Mal de Mar” not pleasant when you find out in the first hour of the trip.
    The weather was absolutely gorgeous for sunshine, I’m not a lover of the sun so out came the factor 50, the wind completely disappeared and the forecasted breeze never materialized leaving us at times wallowing, nevertheless a great day out once again on this lovely boat with everybody taking fish home, A great day to spend on my Birthday.
    John S
    John S

some quality fish landed from all nice report m8 and a nice birthday to remember
    Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Great in-depth report John, a good day for everyone with some good fish taken. Good way to spend your birthday rather gorging yoursell on birthday treats
      P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Nice report John some good fish there by the sound of it ... enjoy your birthday ....

norm
        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Thanks Guys, just waiting on a few photos.
          John S

Comment

you certainly nailed a fish or few well done the birthday boy
            AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Cracking haul that.. well done lads...

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Shad View Post
                Monday 22nd August 2011
                A full boat today and everybody was onboard early for a prompt 7:30am kick off, left the Marina into a crisp fresh morning, forecast was for dry, bright weather with a slight easterly breeze coming late afternoon.
                We found the Mackerel on the first stop and half filled the box for the bait anglers then on to first of many rough ground spots, the drift running slightly too quick at 1.8knts to attempt the wrecks.
                Fishing began slowly with a few small codling to about 3 to 4lb on shads, a 7lb fish taken from the stern of the boat on baited Muppets soon followed.
                The majority of the guys were bait fishing and the Ling soon began coming in, numerous 6, 7s and 8lbers and at the end of the day approximately 45 good Ling, 4 doubles with the best tipping the scales at 14lb to one of our Polish anglers onboard, tally for codling on the day was approximately 30 fish ranging from 3 to 11˝lb.
                Whiting were very prolific throughout the trip, normally becoming a pest, However a very high proportion were keepers, best fish probably pushed 3lb but a number of 2lb+ were taken.
                The shads fished steadily throughout the day, Blues starting the best for the morning with Orange taking a few in the afternoon, but Rhubarb and Custard doing the business towards the end of the day. Paul our crewman for today, doing well taking about 12 fish with best about 8lb, Little Dave the skipper brought in a nice clean 11˝lb Cod on a 50 pence shad, just proves that you don’t have to have the most expensive gear to take fish.
                I fished quietly and steadily away during the day alternating between a mixture of bait and shads, (My dear Mam just loves Ling) and ended the day with 4 Ling to 9lb, 7 Codling to 8lb and 3 nice 2lb+ Whiting.
                A few casualties onboard suffered badly from the dreaded “Mal de Mar” not pleasant when you find out in the first hour of the trip.
                The weather was absolutely gorgeous for sunshine, I’m not a lover of the sun so out came the factor 50, the wind completely disappeared and the forecasted breeze never materialized leaving us at times wallowing, nevertheless a great day out once again on this lovely boat with everybody taking fish home, A great day to spend on my Birthday.
                John S
                hi john great report i have put report on famous website from yesterday

Comment

sounds like a cracking day im on the boat in september hope we have as much luck
                  was on in march but i only managed a 7and 1/2lb ling all day and only 2 ling and a pollack caught all day for the rest of the lads
                  but still its a cracking day out anyway

Comment

Working...
                  X