Mistress 20th Aug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistress 20th Aug

Had another trip out yesterday with Tony. Headed out for some makeral for bait then onto the wrecks.
    First wreck produced a cod of 14lb for the lad fishing next to me and a double figure ling for his dad. Then the lads luck changed when he caught the wreck and snapped his rod at the butt
    We picked away most of the day with cod and ling to baited hokayes and pirks. Crewman Brian taking alot of cod and ling, Best cod around 16lb (guesstimate as it wasnt weighed)
    The shads only taking a couple of cod from the hard ground, when the drift was to strong. I did get a canny pollack of around 4lb from a wreck on a blue shad. I ended the day with 3 ling to 6lb, a pollack and only the one cod. Quite poor compared to the rest of the lads, but you have these days.
    Chris

Things do seem to be slowing down a little judging by some reports, but hey, it's been a great season. They are some nice fish you mentioned there, shame about the lads rod. Did anyone have a spare one to lend him.
    Good report though.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Great Report Chris, nice ling .. shame only one cod showed for you but at least you were in the right area if there were some biggies around.
      sounds like a good day with a few doubles boated

cheers

norm
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Well done Chris , it'll be your turn next time to get the big ones

Comment

Always next time bud, at least you didn't blank Like me and Mark did today Pike fishing up scotland
          Had 3 good runs tho' but nee fish

We are out on Mistress this thurs, I'll let you know how we get on

B.
          It's a thin line that seperates an Angler from a madman standing on the beach in january at midnight in -5 degrees with a northerly wind blowing in your face

Comment

Good report well done on the catch.

Comment

a bad day at sea better than a good day at work,and it aint that bad if the boats got double figure fish on
              AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Working...
              X