Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosie mae 27/6

well an eventful day to say the least.

Planned with JP for an early start, pick up at 5:15am, got onto the boat went to switch the power on and nothing, had a look and couldnt see any problems straight away. Then after about 30 mins of head scratching and swearwords i found a problem, my isolator switch had a bad connection, a little bit of corrosion.
    I thought great problem solved luckily i had a spare switch so hooked it up, Power was on, went to start the engine, Nothing.
    I was at a bit of a loss, a few more swearwords later and i found the problem a fuse which had popped on the solonoid, put a replacement fuse in and bang she started.

Anyways set off with plenty of fuel with a plan of visiting a few wrecks, water was full of plankton/algae/slump and was a bit like tea, anyway first few drops resulted in a decent coalie and a few mackerel then nothing, very poor.
    Onto the next wreck and we picked a few codlings up on the first few drops so thought we had hit them, then nothing for another 5-6 drifts.
    This continued for the majority of the day until i visited a little wreck which has saved me already a few times this year and we managed to weed out a few more codlings and a pollack.

Our total for today was

11 codling up to 5-6lb
    1 pollack 3lb
    1 coalie 2-3lb
    a few dozen mackerel

Speaking with a few people on the way home who had been out had only managed 1 or 2 codlings so i maybe did better than most.
    Was going to go tomorrow with Deano, but maybe i will leave it till the end of the week when the tides get a little bigger.

We also had a couple of odd moments, when a racing pigeon decided my cuddy roof looked like its loft and stayed with us for an hour or more.

Then i got fast on a wreck managed, snapped my mainline, then jp gets fast , and when he reels up, he brings my whole rig up in perfect condition.

a dodgy start,but it came good in the end
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

atleast ya managed to get out there and amongst em mate and managed a few cod looking foreward to later in the week nearly all prep work done and upgraded to 8/0 trebles
      Cod machine

Comment

U mean grappling hooks

Comment

Sounds like one of those days we all have now and then Stewey, but you persevered and brought some fish back mate.

Comment

aye lol ill anchor you over the wreck
            Cod machine

Comment

Aye Chris it was one of those days, didn't help that I have a bit man flu as well, gonna try get a good nights sleep, emphasis on the word try

Comment

Well done lads, sounds like a similar day to us catch wise.

Comment

Better late out than not at all. At least you got there in the end and some fish.
                  P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Hard going for us today.. at least I did managed to pull in your lost gear

Comment

welldone lads yas saved the day in the end deano sent the pidgeon to see what yas was doing wrong
                      Panel Pin Champ

Comment

nice report mate and gratz on getting your rig back!
                        2011 Catch's so far
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Cod: 13 / Ling: 0 / Herring: 4 / Pollock: 1
                        Biggest: Cod 6Lb
                        ---------------------------------------

Comment

At least you got out and caught i rushed home from work thinking we would get out for an hour then the thunder started out friday now insted fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
                          X