Slinky Kate - Sunday 26th June 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate - Sunday 26th June 2011

Well , with Steve off injured and Tony and I being thwarted by the weather on Saturday it was left to Keith and myself to make a showing for Slinky Kate in this weekends catch reports ......... whooo hooo and there you have it

Lazy start of 5.00am to suit the rather weak ebb tide low at 6.15am ish. Got to admit we went out today with a rather non-optomistic view as recent weather and reports had not gone in our favour, we thought very much that it would depend on how far we could venture out and this as always would depend on the weather.

The day was basically level catching .... ie there was no frenzy and no lull (other than the 5 mile trip down to the wear which resulted in ..... zero ) (We soon seen the error of our ways and returned to the 8 mile mark off the tyne to resume "catching" )

All fish today we caught over wrecks and the majority on shads other than a small patch of time where orange muppets and mackerel were order of the day....... keith had an amount of success on jaffa pirks but I think shads were the tops.

Best fish of the day went to keith and was around 8lb but all todays catch were of a good stamp, all good clean fish light in colour and free from bruises ... lost count of the ones we put back .... but kept about 14 ....

Many thanks to crew of the day for a fine job ..... Keith ... cheers

a few pics as ever (but without wallsendo tarrantino they are limited ... )

as ever ... the sunrise as I checked the viability at about 4.30am

Keiths 8lbd - best of the day

real wreck fishing ..... it seemed like a doubler on the way up (and was caught on a shad)

Just to point out we also catch ..... pollack

good to get out today , even though it was a sunday ......... goodness knows how I'm going to recover for work tomorrow ..... (forgot to mention it was a bit bumpy today so am suffering the physical signs of a good fishing trip )

cheers

norm
    Last edited by Norman; 26-06-2011, 10:02 PM.
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Nice1 Norman it was a day from the past today, i.e working for our catch rather than them everywhere..nice day to be out ow welcome back
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Well done lads

We must be due some flat weekend sea's

Comment

Cheers Norman!! Thanks again for a very enjoyable trip
        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Was wondering where the Saturday report was

Well done on the fish , you must have caught some sun also. A lot of red people about this evening

Jonny
          PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Nice to hear some reports coming back off you norman,Have you been on your hols..

Comment

is that your finger poking through that flatfish Keith
              Alan

Comment

Well done on the fish Norman and Keith, nice report and pics . nearly a smile in the middle one

Comment

well done on the catches and the report

Comment

welcome back norman,pleased you brought some sun with you
                    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Well done on the catch Norman , and great pics as always . Tony must have had his Shad Stall set up at the boot sale....

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
                        Tony must have had his Shad Stall set up at the boot sale....
                        Would've been there but for two reasons:

1) Felt a bit dicey after the Club night (although I'd have prob still made it out )

2) had to re-waterproof the tent in preparation for our annual hols next week and ironically the weather required to facilitate that was also the kind that was good for boating

Glad you got out though lads - good to see a few pics too (I mean fish )

See you next week I'm sure
                        Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                        I AGREE

Comment

Looks like another great day , hopefully this limp wrist will fix itself soon.
                          You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Back in the swing Norman , great stuff

Ray

Comment

canny day in the end ,pity tony missed out on other dutys.

Comment

Working...
                              X