Stingray is back 26.06.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingray is back 26.06.11

Well it has been a long 11 days with out the use of the boat and this time not for weather just for some jobs that needed doing but parts took longer to come than expected...so at 7pm last night it was back together and tested out...all ok i am happy to say after some big jobs done.

So Cou's Dave and Graham as crew today, we met down the marina at 6.30am and headed straight out 5 miles to try and clear the dirty water, plugged away on two wrecks with nothing but mackerel, decided to go further off, 8mile water still dirty but we picked up a steady amount of cod to twin tails, bait and pirks.

By this time the sun was up and the wind was so warm it was summer day at last. We moved around at least 15 wrecks today with only 3 holding any real numbers of fish but with a nice warm wind, warm weather and a smooth to slight sea...the size or number of fish never mattered today.

Then we hit a wreck that did hold alot of fish taken some cod upto 6lb, ling upto 8lb and Graham with a pollack, we landed about 15 from that wreck then moved off to try a few more.

The wind started and the drift got up so for the last 2 hours we neer got a bite other than a gutted cod that jumped on my pirk from the fish box

On the way home the rain started and we got a nice pic of the best rainbow i have ever seen.

So we headed back in about 3pm with red faces all around, a fish box of about 8 kept cod with about 15 put back and a few ling back as well as a pollack.

My catch was 9 cod upto 6lb, 3 ling upto 5lb and loads of mackerel.

Good day had by all.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

cracking day for it richie glad to hear your boat is sorted and back in problem free! well done on your catch

Comment

back with a bang rich,a great day for it, good one
      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Good to see Stingray back in action , and among the fish there's cod at the end of the rainbow

Comment

Good to hear it's all sorted Richy.

Well done on the catch lads.
          Cheers, Keith.

Comment

nice report well done

Comment

Nowt like a job well done, pleased everything is now sorted, and then a day at sea with some decent fish thrown in. Good report and photo's. Well done the Stingray crew.
              P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

rich was that you coming in sat night when the magnificent rainbow appeared ?
                we were fishing the walkway, never seen owt like it.
                have you got a cloth

Comment

Bet your pleased all went well after the lift out.
                  Canny haul of fish aswell

Comment

As usual you come up with the goods. Great report
                    2011 Catch's so far
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Cod: 13 / Ling: 0 / Herring: 4 / Pollock: 1
                    Biggest: Cod 6Lb
                    ---------------------------------------

Comment

Well two days at sea and i am the colour of a traffic light, will report later but had a great day today after a hard day Sunday.
                      ................__................................ .............................
                      ____[ ~ \_____
                      [__On-A-Roll__/
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                      P.B
                      SKATE 204lb
                      COD 51lb
                      LING 32lb
                      TOPE 40lb
                      CONGER 25lb
                      HADDOCK 10lb
                      HALIBUT 37lb
                      COALIE 16lb
                      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Originally posted by northeast1 View Post
                        Well two days at sea and i am the colour of a traffic light
                        strange turning green in the sun Rich

kidding ... nice one mate and great to hear all is well after the overhaul .....

was a fine day at sea on sunday the cool breeze took all the heat away ...... consequently when I got home I was as burned as on my hols

see you out there next weekend ....

cheers

norm
                        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

good job rich isnt orange,some blighter might want to peel him
                          AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

bet ya glad just to be back on the water.nice weather and steady fishing,cant be bad.

Comment

Yer its nice to be runnign again, i eman the boat was not broken anyway but i had been putting off doing a few jobs for a while but decided with the bad spell of weather i may as well do them now in the nice sun rather than in the cold of winter, the pressure was on Thu,Fri, Sat thou to get the engine back down on the mounts as that high pressure was getting closer everytime i looked at the weather so glad i did as two very nice days fishing weather wise and a biggest cod for me for over 5 years today.
                              ____[ ~ \_____
                              [__On-A-Roll__/
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                              P.B
                              SKATE 204lb
                              COD 51lb
                              LING 32lb
                              TOPE 40lb
                              CONGER 25lb
                              HADDOCK 10lb
                              HALIBUT 37lb
                              COALIE 16lb