Jester 22.06.2011, 1 hour Dash.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jester 22.06.2011, 1 hour Dash.

Went down the marina this morning as usual with the wind gusting a bit, so i set about doing a few jobs hoping for the wind to drop, and drop it did, at 10.45 .
    Quickly got the rod set up, mooring ropes thrown out the way and off to an inshore wreck ( 1.5 miles out ). The sea was like glass and only took 15 mins from leaving the mooring to being on the wreck

Settled directly above the wreck till i got the drift, dropped over the side and hit a 7lb 5oz Pollock straight on the head, great fight on my 15lb class rod. In the next 4 drifts i had 2 cod about 4lb and a Bleg.
    It was great using 6oz pirks for a change in shallow water, with a perfect drift every time.
    Then as expected the dreaded black shadow on the water approached and whoosh, if i'd been in a yacht i'd have took off , the sea lifted in minutes, and the drift was horrendous. I tried heavier pirks but the boat was flying, so i headed back in through a nasty chop.
    I was back on the mooring at 12.00, disappointed that the bloody wind showed up , but still enjoyed the hour out fishing .

Thats the 3rd time out in a week, holidays are great are'nt they

nice to get out same yesterday 2.2knots drift speed too fast for wrecking just took pot luck and got a couple of cod, small stuff and plenty of whitethings but still good to be out

Comment

ya jammy bugger chris well done mate thats a cracking pollock shame your trip was shortned by the weather
      Cod machine

Comment

We know who the jammy one is Deano, , would have been a canny afternoon like you say, if the wind stayed away

Comment

did you get it on a shad mate or hokkais been putting finishing touches to pirks ill text you 2moro when they are ready
          Cod machine

Comment

It took a muppet mate, i think the pirk went past it, and it grabbed the top muppet, thought i'd hit the bottom till i lifted the rod, look forward to your text mate

Comment

It's not hard to see why they pull so hard when you look at the size of that pollocks tail is it

Ray

Comment

Aye Ray, it had me on hold for a moment on the light gear

Comment

Originally posted by oldessox View Post
                  It's not hard to see why they pull so hard when you look at the size of that pollocks tail is it

Ray
                  aye they got tails like big paddles
                  AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Nice pollack well done.

Comment

Smash n grab raid Chris, are you competing with Collin at Amble for pollock. I think thats two you've had recently. Years since i've had one. No, i'm not jealous, well, maybe a little
                      P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

hols

Great being on holiday..

Comment

Aye Arthur, thats 4 Pollock i've had this year, i'm not targetting them, they are targetting me . Col will take some beating, he's he's the dogs pollocks at pollock fishing....

Comment

atleast you got out lads, few things to do on the boat and hopefully i can get out soon, could do with a nice catch

Comment

Chris, you'll be all sorted ready for the scorching July, August weather we are going to get...

Comment

Working...
                              X