Rosie-mae 18/6/2011 awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosie-mae 18/6/2011 awesome

well i was going to stay in bed today and have a lay in but am i glad i never got a call from stu asking if i fancied a few hours on the boat as forecast had changed
    for the 100th time lol anyway we left the marina at about half 9 greeted with light winds and a lovely looking sea we headed to our first wreck of the day first drift
    resulted in nothing i thought maybe the big tides had pushed the fish off somewhere else but we came around again for another drift BANG stu was into a nice fish rod was bent
    right over resulting in a nice cod close to double figures after calling him a jammy sod etc lol i was into a fish only around the 4lb mark it was steady fishing with fish from 6
    to 9 lb coming aboard then i hooked into something that made my arms ache started getting a proper adrenalin rush couldnt do much with it just kept reeling at a steady pace
    finaly i got it to the top and new i had broke my pb i thought it might be a 20 or over lol anyway fishing on the wreck died a little so we moved to another wreck and met up with the jester
    who was landing a few cod we tried a few drifts but couldnt hit them chris on the other hand was getting plenty so we thought we would go back to the previous wreck and see if it had picked up
    as soon as we got there we where all into good quality fish 6 to 9lb cod again chris was getting 2 a time jammy bugger then i hooked into another decent fish which was around 12lb things went quiet again so we headed
    back in and tried a small wreck before we packed in and it was full of fish 5lb plus we ended up the day with around 30 quality cod and around 30 quality macky i weighed my big fish and it went 17lb 2oz which beats my pb by over
    1lb im chuffed to bit and gratefull to stu for letting me tag along what a cracking day here is a few pics

once again thanks stu much appreciated mate
    Cod machine

well done on your catch sounds like yous have had a cracking day! well done on landing your pb aswell!

Comment

Congrats Deano, cracking fish!
      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Great call, certainly got some good fish there, plus a PB, congrats.
        P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

another succesful session hauling them lunkers up and a pb you arnt far away now from opening the fish and chip shop
          Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Well done mate a lovely fish, only the 1 double for me this year and you take a couple in 1 trip.

Comment

nice one mate well done
              did eeerrrr ya snap it off like?thats a shame teeeheeeeheeeheeee and take your rubbish home and dont be a meth

Comment

well done you two, gutted it was not me bringing up a doubler lol

Comment

Great report Deano and Stewey , and well done on the PB, that was a cracking day and the forcast totally wrong .

Comment

get in deano crakin fish mate
                    Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught

Comment

belta stuff Deano
                      Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                      I AGREE

Comment

Nice1 i was down the marina from 7am until 2pm and it was busy, sea not bad...seen a few from here heading out for a late sesh.

Nice double ling also
                        ................__................................ .............................
                        ____[ ~ \_____
                        [__On-A-Roll__/
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        P.B
                        SKATE 204lb
                        COD 51lb
                        LING 32lb
                        TOPE 40lb
                        CONGER 25lb
                        HADDOCK 10lb
                        HALIBUT 37lb
                        COALIE 16lb
                        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

thanks lads i had a cracking day as always im over the moon i got a pb hopefully there is one over 20 swimming about with my name on it before the season ends
                          Cod machine

Comment

Cracking fish well done on your p/b.

Comment

Great report and pics,well done on the catch and your PB

Comment

Working...
                              X