first trip out - WoW-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first trip out - WoW-

Hi lads, well my first day out went great as you might be able to tell by the title the morning was quite settled but into the afternoon it had a bit of a sea on and was up n down like a yoyo,

very clean and spotless on board

getting from mark to mark was really quick to with the help of the huge motors
    click on pic for video

caught loads n loads of macky but i also caught 5 cod and 4 ling all really good size oround the 7lb mark but my biggest was between 10-11lb as the scales were jumping about a bit
    the biggest of the day was 15-16lb by one of the other guys didnt get a pic as the boat was rocking that much it was hard enough keeping my feet neva mind walkn ova for a pic.

there was a lot of fish pulled in on the day and the crack was good, I can only say i cant wait till my next trip out
    Last edited by clarky; 18-06-2011, 11:23 AM.
    www.home-improver.com
    Where quality counts

Gratz on your first trip out mate.
    2011 Catch's so far
    ---------------------------------------
    Cod: 13 / Ling: 0 / Herring: 4 / Pollock: 1
    Biggest: Cod 6Lb
    ---------------------------------------

Comment

Glad you had a great time and some nice fish. Good pics and report. Must have been quite choppy to bounce the catamaran around.
      P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
        Glad you had a great time and some nice fish. Good pics and report. Must have been quite choppy to bounce the catamaran around.
        aye just a bit lol, felt a bit dodgy at one point but it soon passed after i necked some more tablets
        www.home-improver.com
        Where quality counts

Comment

you'll be out all the time now mate, my first trip was on the jfk and there was a 5-6ft swell so we only fished the rough ground, i nearly sh@t my self when i got out there into the swell

if you start feeling sick look at the horizon, looking down can bring it on really quick.

well done on the fish, not bad for your first trip, i think my biggest on my first trip was only about 4lb but conditions weren't perfect so we couldn't get on the wrecks.

you'll be hooked now

Comment

hope my first trip out on wednesday is as good as that, well done , im like a kid waiting for xmas atm .

Comment

A doubler on you're first trip can't be bad, well done.
              Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl1285 View Post
                hope my first trip out on wednesday is as good as that, well done , im like a kid waiting for xmas atm .
                lol I was exactly the same, apparently there's some huge fish out there being caught now, one of the lads reckons its the best summer he's known for a while
                www.home-improver.com
                Where quality counts

Comment

Spot On.
                  Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
                    A doubler on you're first trip can't be bad, well done.
                    cheers keith,
                    I was pulling one line in and thought i was pulling a huge fish up but there was 2 cod on, both about 7lb ish i was well chuffed there was 2 on but a bit disapointed it wasnt one huge one
                    www.home-improver.com
                    Where quality counts

Comment

well done on your catch been out with davey on the famous a good few times cracking skipper!

Comment

Well done on your double and other fish today Glad your first trip was such a success, still waiting for my first double and I have been out quite a few times.

One of the greatest feelings when the weather is right and a trip is confirmed hardly ever sleep the night before.

Jonny
                        PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Great report Clarky , well done on the doubler, seems like we have another boat angling convert...

Comment

cracking stuff - big well done
                            Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                            I AGREE

Comment

great stuff bri you not fancy the trip on fri july 1st evening trip?

Comment

Working...
                              X