Warlord 12/6/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlord 12/6/11

Headed out at 8:30am an jeff decided well head straight out to the wrecks since there wasnt much in the way of tide run after about 30 mins hit hit our 1st mark and a few lads were into fish straight away cuple of small ling and cod around the 5lb mark mackerel was all over the place and if you could get through them you were getting hit on the way back up with 3 and ; at a time coming in.
    We managed to stay in the wrecks all day but as the wind rolled in the drift got alot quicker but we all tried our hardest and murray managed a 14lb ling next to him came in an 11.5lb ling and lots of cod around 7lb.

Drifting over the wrecks we decided to try the hard ground at cresswell where i got my 1st cod of the day (my only cod of the day)
    The fish that came aboard were slightly smaller.
    Tactics for the day was hockais, daylights, tipped with mackerel
    Only bait that made effect was rag and frozen sandeel which the ling seemed to love
    Only downside now is that i have none left for my west coast trip next month , maybes a trip to shields pier is in order for another stock up.
    All in all had a great day out with the tip top lads from prudhoe as usual and big thanks to jeff and sconner

Sounds like you had a good day, with a few doublers , shame about the windy conditions.

Comment

well done on your catch sound like yous had a canny trip out

Comment

Comment

Well done David, like you say, once through the mackerel there's fish to a good size waiting.
          P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

very suprised i never seen u m8. i went on elizabeth jade yesterday and i had to step onto the warlord to get onto my boat but i never seen u and we were along side each other on the water for a short while, anyway well done sounds like you's had a canny sesh

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
              very suprised i never seen u m8. i went on elizabeth jade yesterday and i had to step onto the warlord to get onto my boat but i never seen u and we were along side each other on the water for a short while, anyway well done sounds like you's had a canny sesh
              Aye mate had to get change for the parking machine so by the timeni got on the warlord yous were already passed the breakwater i then ledt my wallet on the car roof and had to run back for it before a pikey pinched it we passed you on the way out though just passed the island yous were still on your way to your 1st mark
              Judging by rhe reports yous all had a canny day out
              Had any more salmon recently ? Lol

Comment

Good rfeport well done on the catch,

Comment

shame about lack of cod for you david,a nice report i blame sconner(the apprentice) for your bad luck,he would be too busy looking after his girlfriend
                  AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Originally posted by lingking View Post
                    shame about lack of cod for you david,a nice report i blame sconner(the apprentice) for your bad luck,he would be too busy looking after his girlfriend
                    Aye duncan well blame sconner for my lack of fish
                    Still it was a lovely day out with a great bunch of lads and the weather wasnt too bad

Where you you anyway duncan ?

Comment

Working...
                    X