Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

canny day on the boat yesterday (elizabeth jade)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canny day on the boat yesterday (elizabeth jade)

went out at 8.30am from amble harbour lovely sea, stopping off at local spots on the way , not much doing for the first couple of hours i would say appart from mackeral which we kept for bait, headed down to cresswell still not much, so we then decided to do a wreck and bang from there on we basicly hammered cod, i ended up with 12 cod my self, 1 wrass, 2 scotch haddock a few mackeral, 2 colies and 2 flattys, everything went back to the water appart from my cod, my biggest weighed 4 and a half lb and my smallest was 2 nd a half lb, i did have the biggest cod on the boat untill a lad pulled in a 7lb cod , all in all very good day for me considering it was only my 2nd time out and my first time out we broke down and caught nothing at all, ( on 2 totaly diferent boats and skippers) i tried loads of diferent baits which were, squid, crab, rag worms, few people had prawns and other baits but we caught nothing at all on any of them, we hammered all fish all day on daylights and mackeral strip. also just to mention, boat was full of good lads all round and skipper (graham) was very helpfull and a good bloke.

I think he broke down again at the weekend mate
    Angling boat rescued by Tynemouth RNLI lifeboat

Comment

Originally posted by Scythian View Post
      I think he broke down again at the weekend mate
      Angling boat rescued by Tynemouth RNLI lifeboat
      think you have wrong boat mate

Comment

That was the Three Sisters...Well done on the catch Kenny , sounds like you're getting the boat bug

Comment

oh ive got the boat bug alright mate, haha yeah that was three sisters that i went on for my first ever boat trip and he broke down, the lad who had it when i went on has sold it to someone els now and he was meant to be having all the engine sorted out, but doesnt look like it eh..

Comment

well done,sounds like you had a good day! conditions far better than the last time you were out!

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
              went out at 8.30am from amble harbour lovely sea, stopping off at local spots on the way , not much doing for the first couple of hours i would say appart from mackeral which we kept for bait, headed down to cresswell still not much, so we then decided to do a wreck and bang from there on we basicly hammered cod, i ended up with 12 cod my self, 1 wrass, 2 scotch haddock a few mackeral, 2 colies and 2 flattys, everything went back to the water appart from my cod, my biggest weighed 4 and a half lb and my smallest was 2 nd a half lb, i did have the biggest cod on the boat untill a lad pulled in a 7lb cod , all in all very good day for me considering it was only my 2nd time out and my first time out we broke down and caught nothing at all, ( on 2 totaly diferent boats and skippers) i tried loads of diferent baits which were, squid, crab, rag worms, few people had prawns and other baits but we caught nothing at all on any of them, we hammered all fish all day on daylights and mackeral strip. also just to mention, boat was full of good lads all round and skipper (graham) was very helpfull and a good bloke.
              Nice report there mate. A mate of mine was on there this weekend as well. He said that someone caught a Sea Bream! Thought they were south coast only.
              2011 Catch's so far
              ---------------------------------------
              Cod: 13 / Ling: 0 / Herring: 4 / Pollock: 1
              Biggest: Cod 6Lb
              ---------------------------------------

Comment

Good report Kenny, glad to see you's got into the fish.
                P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Nice report well done on the fish.

Comment

aye kenny lad you got oot at last good report and a good day too
                    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Working...
                    X