Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate 11/06/11

Soooo

If you were a multi-millionaire jetsetter on a year long world cruise where would you go??

Betcha they didn't figure on North Shields on a dreary North East weekend in June...think they'll be a bit underwhelmed with RQ Outlet TBH

Met up at RQ at 0330 and the plan was to swoop in, fill the (new) boxes and be back for mid morning so that the skipper could get home and do his pre holiday jobs...

Which we did to all intents and purposes – just a shame the weather was crud again after the week that was

What a floating uber luxury hotel looks like up close

So after taking pictures from the cheap seats we went out into the North Sea to see if we could capture yet another bloody sunrise...oh and some fish

First fish came over the gunnels fairly quickly and for the first couple of hours we caught fish at a steady pace

….and then? It went off and the fish it seemed weren't biting...so we went out further and tried here and there with no luck. Eventually the tide turned and we headed back to a wreck where the action had been earlier – bingo! We were back in the game!

There were mackerel about and if we'd wanted we could have bagged up but I think this is the first season where macky, it seems, are being considered less and less – still took some though, for tea!

Also managed one for the species haul...

We eventually called it time at 10am and had well over a dozen keepers in the box – best to 6.5lb – with untold amount going back as well

The route back up the Tyne

Enjoy your hols Norman – I'm going back to bed
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Great post Tony, looks bloody cold out there. Well done on the fish.

Enjoy Hols Norman
    PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

well done on your catch yet another early start,enjoy your hols norman

Comment

You were off course , 48ft coming up the tyne , I have to watch the sounder sometimes in case I get grounded coming up the coquet

Have a good one Norman

Ray

Comment

Well done lads.
          Star report Tony.

Had the big boat docked to pick Norman up for his hols ?

Enjoy Norman

Comment

Canny trip out lads cracking star fish Tony.
            Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Great report Tony , was a bit chilly out there today, but a few fish soon warm you up..

Comment

Well done on your catch tony and Norman, BTW have a great hol,and we'll try and leave a few for your return,

Comment

Cheers lads, I'm off in the morn , see yous in a couple of weeks ....

great report Tony, thanks mate

norm
                  ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                  . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                  ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Well done Tony, you don’t look too sure about your new bait. The photo’s could have come from a winter session, not mid summer, what’s happening? The weather is so bad even Norman is leaving for warmer climes.

Comment

Great report and pics well done on your catch's lads

Comment

Good report well done on your catch.

Comment

Great report, well done lads.

Comment

Working...
                          X