Stingray November report 11.06.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingray November report 11.06.11

Well after a great Friday fishing and weather wise hope was high for the same today so my cous and Graham met me down the marina for a sooner than expected start due to the weather men saying the morning was the better part of the day.

We headed out and straight to a 4 mile wreck pciking up 30 mackerel for bait in a couple of mins, we then headed to the first wreck with the pirks etc and met Shady out there. first drift 2 cod around 3lb so things looked good but that was it from that wreck so we moved around with the idea of not going more than 8miles due to the building sea.

We moved around and picked away taken the odd cod and ling from the wrecks, it then started lashing it down and made things with the sea and wind abit hard to take.

But we kept going taken more cod and ling but tackle loses high and the cold wind was not biting through us and the sea was crashing over the oat so i decided to head closer in and it work out a good call.

I took my biggest fish of 2011 season with a 14lb 3oz ling on the first drift followed by one about 9lb on the enxt drift, we tried pirks and more bait but only found the wreck so we finished the day at the yellow can before heading in with a modest box of fish.

My catch was 7 cod and 5 ling for 14lb 3oz along with mackerel and caolie.

A few of the ones we kept with more put back due to the amount we landed on friday.

So a canny day but not good for the body and mind as it took one hell of a beating, stopped off to take a pic of that super ship THE WORLD docked at in the Tyne, it was massive and you could tell it was for the super rich.

p.s i am not in the comp if the weather today is anything to go on, day of rest for me.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

well done richie ive been out in all day aswell but not at sea unfortunatley. dont envy the conditions today. canny ling tho m8 congrats.beats gettin wet at work like me lol
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught

Comment

Well done on the big ling Northeast1.

That sea looks a lot different than yesterday's

Comment

well done on the fish ritchie especially the ling

Comment

welldone more good fishing

novemeber thats a good haul for winter months
          Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Some nice ling there , it was uncomfortable today out there, but still catching fish so it's worth it

Comment

Great report Richie, been miserable cold and wet inland so must have been tough out there. Glad you were rewarded with some decent fish and a nice ling.

That is on hell of a ship

Jonny
              PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Great report and pics Richie and well done on your catch.

Comment

[]

So a canny day but not good for the body and mind as it took one hell of a beating, stopped off to take a pic of that super ship THE WORLD docked at in the Tyne, it was massive and you could tell it was for the super rich.

p.s i am not in the comp if the weather today is anything to go on, day of rest for me.[/QUOTE]

Prices start at half a million quid for a pad on there Rich , not that bad when you consider what it costs to run a 20ft fishing boat

Ray

Comment

Winter Angling In June

I dont know wether to thank you for the invitation today or curse you Richy? BUT your only in charge of the boat NOT the weather, so I guess its another BIG THANK YOU to Richy (Northeast1) for a tatse of winter boat angling in Flaming June, LOL.
                    Cheer's Richy.
                    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

Comment

Your right there Rich, it might as well be winter, but your a hardy lot and you kept at it, so well done on the fish. Just compare the sea to yesterday........unbelievable
                      P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Yer it was cold but it warms you up abit if your catching still and happy to be adding doubles to the yearly count almost every trip now, 9 so far.
                        ................__................................ .............................
                        ____[ ~ \_____
                        [__On-A-Roll__/
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        P.B
                        SKATE 204lb
                        COD 51lb
                        LING 32lb
                        TOPE 40lb
                        CONGER 25lb
                        HADDOCK 10lb
                        HALIBUT 37lb
                        COALIE 16lb
                        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Great report and pics well done with the ling.

Comment

Some cracking fish landed there lads well done.
                            Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Cracking ling there, well done!

Comment

Working...
                              X