Shads only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shads only

Nice early start out from Cullercoats, well, 7-30am fishing only with shads today, and try some of the wrecks in my plotter around the Tyne. These marks were already in the plotter when I bought the boat and are not marked as wrecks, so it was just a matter of picking a mark and go and see. Some I couldn't find, and some right on the nose. Anyway, first drop and bang, a nice plump cod about 4.1/2lb. next drop, lost the lot. Couple more drifts, but no more fish, so moved on to the next spot where a boat from RQ's was catching a few, so second drop there, and another great condition cod about 5lb came up, followed by another on the next drift, then a lovely take which resulted in a ling about 7-8lb, then followed by a smaller one around 4lb.
    By 1pm, a light breeze from the east started and with the tide now slack, called it a day keeping 8 fish all on the shad, only lost one so pleased with that.
    Some pics of the day.
    Attached Files
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Well done canman been a nice day for it.

Comment

Great pics and report Arthur .

Comment

nice stuff ,nice pics well done
        AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

great catch and report

Comment

have just emptied my box of hokkais and all that crap and am going to fish with nowt but shads tomorrow....maybe...hmmm maybe not

Well Done Arthur
            Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
            I AGREE

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Wallsendo View Post
              have just emptied my box of hokkais and all that crap and am going to fish with nowt but shads tomorrow....maybe...hmmm maybe not

Well Done Arthur

and maybe the odd (and I mean ODD ... pirk ) ....

norm
              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
              ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

i dare you tonyjust to take shads
                AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
                  and maybe the odd (and I mean ODD ... pirk ) ....

norm
                  If you loose that "odd" pirk on a wreck, its gonna look like the Plumb centre down there Norm.
                  P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Was nice out today wasn't it ? I fished shads and pirks all day too , I'm not going to use bait any more till I want to catch a big ling , nice one Arthur

Ray

Comment

You look to have had a good day Arthur. I’m just back from having an hour at the can tonight and thought it was calm then; compared to the sea in your photo’s though it’s rough with a 1ft swell crashing in.

Comment

Great report and pics well done mate you had a canny days fishing.

Comment

keeping the magic booms for the krinkleys match eh/ haha
                          PB
                          COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
                          COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
                          Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
                          Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
                          Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
                          Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
                          Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Working...
                          X