Lazy Daze .........catch report 3-6-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy Daze .........catch report 3-6-11

Well, after feeling grotty all week, decided on a quick trip out to the yellow can to use up some of last years frozen crab, but things were quite slow and only kept 6, 2llb+ codling. Plenty wrasse and a couple of coalies put back.
    After a while of nothing more, I had a run to the nearest wreck and dropped a shad down on my "new" home made booms. After a few lifts up and down, something hit the shad and it felt pretty solid. Slowly pumping it up and after about 30 ft it came off, gutted, dropped straight back down, but it didn't come back. Tried a few more drifts but nowt. Now with a thumping head again, called it a day. Sorry, no pics think I would have thrown up mucking about with camera. Never mind, there's always next time.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Well done for trying Arthur and you got some fish despite feeling under the weather . Hope you get back to full fitness soon and are snapping away again

Comment

Still Aurther it will have been nice to be out after being ill, i gave you a shout on c6 and c8 Friday but was unsure if you out.
      ................__................................ .............................
      ____[ ~ \_____
      [__On-A-Roll__/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      P.B
      SKATE 204lb
      COD 51lb
      LING 32lb
      TOPE 40lb
      CONGER 25lb
      HADDOCK 10lb
      HALIBUT 37lb
      COALIE 16lb
      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

atleast you got out and caught a few

Comment

Well done braving it Arthur and making the most of the weather before it changed again. I’ve not seen any wrasse yet this year.

Comment

better then nothing seen you in the harbour when we were putting the boat back on its mooring

Comment

How big the wrasse, did you get them at drift?

Asking as my mam wants to catch one so if a few about tis worth a trip up.
              ................__................................ .............................
              ____[ ~ \_____
              [__On-A-Roll__/
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              P.B
              SKATE 204lb
              COD 51lb
              LING 32lb
              TOPE 40lb
              CONGER 25lb
              HADDOCK 10lb
              HALIBUT 37lb
              COALIE 16lb
              BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Well done on your catch,shame you were feeling under the weather

Comment

Cheers lads, nice to know yous care. Yes it was nice to get out on such a sunny warm day.
                  Rich, I was fishing at anchor with two rods out, the wrasse were caught on ragworm. best about one and a half lb.
                  Curtis, were you in Robs coble, 3 of you's.
                  Last edited by canman; 05-06-2011, 04:32 AM.
                  P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

yeh that was us

Comment

Working...
                    X