Jenna lee 2nd and 3rd of june 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenna lee 2nd and 3rd of june 2011

Me and col working night shift on wed night/thurs morning and seen the weather early hours so decided to have a quick hour before bed,finished work 7.30am and out for 8.15,The sea was flat and getting flatter,we headed out about 4.5 mile to a wreck and wow what a day,i put feathers on and a pirk,struck into a full house of maki (6) while col was pulling a cod up at the same time,i thought f##k this and cut the feathers off and bang every drift was one two or three cod,col hit about three or four braces,we only went on two wrecks and had forty fish which some were reterned,we both got our personal bests on the same drop col a cod of 9.5lb and me 8.5lbcod and then another person best a one and only double 10.5lb ling yer yer,i used a pirk(home made of course) with maki flapper on ,and the quick hour gone(1.30pm) by this time so headed in, even the slack water fished well.,
    col with his pb,
    me with my pb cod,
    and my pb ling,
    and keepers of the day,
    So after 4 hours kip on thursday,and nightshift and seen the weather again on friday morning and eyes down to our knees we decided to go out again,we took another lad out called wheat to keep us awake(and fillet the fish of course),we headed out further today due to the pond (i mean sea),we had been over loads of wrecks picking a few fish off each one but putting them back under 5lb coz we had plenty off thursday,cod was upto 8lb and 1 small ling,pics to follow ,we had about thirth fish between three of us but the highlight of the day was when wheat hit into this wulf fish(f##k me what an evil looking thing)it was biting its own tail and nearly got colling foot at one point.,
    what a fish, it was put back(with half of collings shoe,only kidding),but what an evil looking fish ,well done wheat m8....,
    we where 7.5kn miles out when wheat cought the wulfie in 200ft of water..

nice one mate, belta session and belta report and what a wierd looking fish lol, i know that lad on the 2nd picture down, i sold him a motorbike justt b4 xmas last year

Comment

great day out then,well done on the catch especiaally the wolf fish! never caught one of them like!

Comment

cracking day out for you lads i have a wolfie last year again about 7 mile out in 190ft of water they taste lovely but are ugly as hell well done lads
        Cod machine

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
          nice one mate, belta session and belta report and what a wierd looking fish lol, i know that lad on the 2nd picture down, i sold him a motorbike justt b4 xmas last year
          Hi kenny was it a dr 650,giz a pm m8 its running fantastic can show you some pics

Comment

Originally posted by King Ling View Post
            Hi kenny was it a dr 650,giz a pm m8 its running fantastic can show you some pics
            no mate it was for the bairn, a pw80

Comment

2 cracking days for you and the lads Ian , well done on the PB's, bet you are pleased you did'nt go to bed mate

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
                2 cracking days for you and the lads Ian , well done on the PB's, bet you are pleased you did'nt go to bed mate
                i was over the moon chris,best session weev'e had yet on thurs m8,if i had enough fuel in i would have been right out there..,but thats the first double one the boat so not complaining.

Comment

spot on ..............well done on staying awake, can't beat topping out p/b's

Comment

p.s wolf fish kinda reminds me of a bird i used to go out with....

Comment

Originally posted by easyfish1 View Post
                      p.s wolf fish kinda reminds me of a bird i used to go out with....
                      fking hell easy fish wot you been drinking back then..lol..

Comment

it's those eyes....glaring...and the fact the gob is never closed...and those teeth....it was a 2am jobbie......uhhhhggggg...

Comment

Brilliant report and pics,well done on your catch lads ,especially the wolfie

Comment

fantastic day it was ian, that pic of the wulf looks great from the 12mp.
                            any how its got to be my turn for the double my 9 1/2lb may be my pb but i must say am a bit frustrated over that ever eluding double figer lol,
                            always next time
                            keep em tight lads
                            Last edited by king cod col; 06-06-2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

2 fab days out fishing on a mill pond, magic. Congrats on both of your p.bs.
                              Early season so, lots more to come yet.
                              P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Working...
                              X