Wor Lass - 2nd June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wor Lass - 2nd June

After seeing the weather forecast yesterday and the sunshine today, I took the afternoon off work. Just the crew of two today, me and Mark who was skipper for the day – if he can see where he’s going through all that hair.

By 2pm we were out the marina and heading down the river and the skipper stopped off at a wreck a quarter of a mile from the pier; not one I normally fish. From the first drop, we caught pan sized coddling, all 2 to 3lb and coming in every couple of minutes – good decision skipper. Even after the wreck we continued to pick up fish drifting across the hard ground until it went quiet. A second drift following the same line as before produced only a couple of fish, the shoal must have moved on without us. We headed further out and found fewer but bigger fish. The wind wasn’t as gentle as forecast and push us along at a good speed.
    Mark with his first fish off the 5 mile wreck, a four pounder, the only one we kept. The coddling was shortly to be followed by a ling of about 6lb. Cod to 6lb and ling to 8lb followed but the photo’s went missing.

He’s getting the hang of this.

Mackeral made a brief appearance and we landed 8 which was perfectly timed as I used the final one of last year’s catch out the freezer for bait today.

After the tide turned the drift dropped to zero and the wind didn’t move us much either. We floated over the wreck like the ancient mariner, going nowhere without firing up the engine, which we did and went home.

cracking day for it well done on the catch annd the new skipper

Comment

I see you both had a brilliant time well on your catch

Comment

cracking pics....wish i'd took the day off too....well done on the catch skipper

Comment

Nice few hours, you can tell its summer, 5 boats on lock in and 4 on lock out....few having the dust blown away
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Nice report and pics well done on the catch.

Comment

Thats one happy looking skipper there , so he should be, showing you where to catch the fish . Well done Kev

Comment

Good day out with "tom Cruise", straight into the action. Cracking pics and report.
                P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

sorry i missed your call mate but you know me i'd much rather be at work than out fishing on a glorious day with great company and equally as good crack. i'll bring the scissors next time and give Mark a cojak trim

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1n View Post
                    Mark who was skipper for the day – if he can see where he’s going through all that hair.....
                    haha Kev, just love it ......

Great Report mate ....

norm
                    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X