Wicked Jack 31.05.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked Jack 31.05.11

Well with my 2 weeks off finally underway and the bank hoiday hangover finished, I headed out yesterday with my younger brother James, our mate Jamie and his dad Wayne for his first time out.

We headed out of the piers around 10.40 and got fishing close in for around 11a.m.

The sea was flat and the sun occasionally popped out makng it a very pleasant day. Plenty of bird activity which I think is always a good sign that the summer is well on its way.
    So, James and I on shads/sidewinders and Jamie and Wayne on Muppets and daylights, we were into cod, coalies and mackerel straight away...

We fished around Hauxley for about 2 hours taking around 30 fish to 4.5lbs. It then went quiet so we headed south to the skeers to see what was on offer down there. By now the wind had completely dropeed and the weather was glorious! We started fishing and then James struck into something a bit better...

His best ever fish of around 8lbs, he was over the moon! We carried on fishing for another hour taking the odd fish, then, after sorting out one of the worst bird nests I have ever seen for Jamie, I decided to hit a wreck about 4 miles off to see what was doing. We had about 5 drifts taking the odd cod but nothing huge. I also got my first ever Gurnard, nothing big only about 8 inches, couldn't wait to get a photo but the little bugger jumped off the hook before I could get hold of it- gutted! By this time the wind had completely changed and was coming from the south east. We headed in around 4:30 through a snotty sea and got back into the marina around 5.

All in all a cracking day with some nice fish and weather. I'll be out to hit some more wrecks tomorrow with the wind forecast to drop away.

Until the next time...tight lines. Here's a few more pics

P.S. What a novelty to be able to see the sea bed again!
    Last edited by dave craig; 01-06-2011, 05:18 PM.

Great report and pics Dave , sounds like you had a cracking days fishing

Comment

well done dave, great stuff ..... excellent pics and report ..

norm
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

well done on the catch and good luck for tomorrow

Comment

Some good fish there Dave, and well done to James for his PB.

Comment

Great report and pics well done on the catch

Comment

Cracking report and pictures, well done on the catch.

Comment

wickedJack
                AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Very enjoyable read Dave, hope the wrecks tomorrow throw up some good fish for ya
                  P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

cheers lads

Comment

Working...
                    X