Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stingray 30.05.11 Good,bad and the ugly with out the bad and ugly :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingray 30.05.11 Good,bad and the ugly with out the bad and ugly :)

Today was one of them rare days in May in regards to that i turned up at the marina knowing it was going to be a nice day..so with Cou's Dave as crew we set off after re-fueling £57 worth.
    The plan of a short day fishing close in on the rough ground went out the window within 5 seconds of me seeing how flat the sea was at 6.30am and off we went to some wrecks.

Shocked at how few boats was out today until about lunch time so i guess alot of people had a good drink the night before. Anyway we stopped off and tried for mackerel, 3-4 at a time every drop, first time this year the words "bloody mackerel" came out as we got what we wanted very quick and they became a pain after that.

And i caught my biggest ever mackerel, its such a shame the pic dont show how big it was....2lb 9oz on the scales.

After the bait was sorted (less than 5 mins between us) we set off to the wrecks, a change of direction today from normal but it was a touch of gold as we plugged away not finding a wreck with loads on but 2-3 fish a drift every drift on many wrecks and the fish box was filling up quick.

I was on the pirks and Dave on the bait for the first 2hrs with a good 50/50 split, we moved around close in taken 38 cod and ling from 4lb-8lb.

We then headed off abit further with the wind building to about 2mph mind we wont mention the rain today, may as well jumped in the sea. Next wreck was fishing very well and we got joined by a charter boat with 9 lines in the water and along with our 2, not often i looked up and never seen everyone into fish on both boats, we took a further 29 cod from that wreck and 1 single ling but it was the days first double, 10lb 7oz.

We decided to try a couple more wrecks taken good numbers of ling that included a second 10lb 4oz ling before heading for home shattered.

As people know i count everything for my records and between myself and David we landed a cracking total of....49 codling 3lb-8lb and 33 ling 4lb-10lb 7oz...what a cracking day all round 82 cod and ling in total, mackerel, coalie, pouting just class...only down side was the tackle loses of 11 sets for me and 14 for Dave.

This year really is a case of when its good its good and when its poor its very poor.

Off to bed now with everything killing me

Dave happy on his 6th boat trip.

Last edited by northeast1; 30-05-2011, 08:24 PM.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Great report as usual mate and cracking fish.
    2011 Catch's so far
    ---------------------------------------
    Cod: 13 / Ling: 0 / Herring: 4 / Pollock: 1
    Biggest: Cod 6Lb
    ---------------------------------------

Comment

smashing absolutely smashing the reports just keep getting better and better what a year so far well done mate
      Cod machine

Comment

Great report Rich, well done mate. I thought your plans had changed when I saw you about 8 miles out today ... (I had a lazy solo trip - and caught well poor Tone missed it)

As you say great days fishing had by all ...... long may it last.

There's certainly a lot of ling around at the moment.

well done mate

norm
        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

I seen you gave you a buzz on C6&8.

It was a cracking change of plan and direction in the morning and it paid off.

Should add we returned all but 8 cod and all but 7 ling that the bladders had gone on so still 65+ fish down there along with the many virgin hooked ones

Did you hit any big mackerel Norman, we hit a shoal and they all touching on 2lb with one extra big one.
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Some nice fish there Richy, and that mackerel is a beaut..

Comment

how was your day chris, is there a report in the making

Mackerel Richie .... surprisingly none ... well I say surprisingly but not so since I spent most of the day trying out various shads.

amazing size that one you had by the way

started off on baited (squid) flashy lures and caught well but there were so many ling around that it become 2 ling for every cod so I changed to shads for the rest of the day (hence no mackerel) ... had a good day with shads again ... a different catch experience ...

ps so much start and stop over the wrecks combined with charging spare batteries so every start reset the radio to chan 16 .... hence I missed your call .....

norm
              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
              ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

cracking day out then ritchie!

Comment

great pictures Mate, looked a fab day..

Comment

Toppa sesh lads a nice big bag of fish.
                    Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

you were spot on about a couple of things. firstly the number of ling is disproportional to the cod and secondly, wasn't it quiet this morning. by 3pm it was like the A1 just off the river. must have been a hint of mackarel methinks. we kept a few ling and they were all bloody starving by the looks of them but all had empty suprisingly empty guts. still a good days sport though.

Comment

exelent day out....hartlepool fished good today too...

looks like everyone did good........

Comment

great stuff rich
                          AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

It was a cracking day to be at sea today Rich, flat calm for us as well until we came inshore at the end about 1400 and it blew up quite a bit. Great fishing.

Graham.

Comment

Cracking stuff lads must have been worth the long wait for the wind to F off.
                              In order to become "old & wise", you must first be young & stupid.
                              Age and experience will beat youth and enthusiasm every time.
                              Youth and Skill is no match for Age and Treachery.

This link is good for tide and weather and more http://magicseaweed.com/Tynemouth-Lo...rt/26/tide/uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X