Wicked Jack 21.05.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked Jack 21.05.11

Well this is more me venting my frustration than writing a report. This is a case of the old introducing new people to fishing and just wanting everything to run smoothly and catch a few fish....far from it...

I knew it was going to be windy but thought we'd give it a shot anyway. We got out of the piers around 11 and headed out round the back of the island. Once we were level with the island I was already having the 'should we be out' thoughts. We pulled up about 1/3 of a mile from the island (I had planned to go to the northern hill but just did not feel comfortable doing so) and started fishing. The drift was ridiculous, the sea was lively and there was nothing biting.

After around 15 minutes both Craig and Seb announced they felt dreadful...great. As I knew the cill would almost be exposed I decided to take shelter in front of the island until there was enough water to get into the marina.

To cut long stories short we got back into the marina around 2:30 with nowt to show.

The result: no fish, time and money wasted and two mates put off boat fishing. No pics due to nothing worth photographing.

On a more positive note I have bought a new fish finder which is getting fitted this week in time for my 2 weeks off to hit the wrecks...if this wind ever stops!!

Tight lines

Dave

theres nothing worse especially when you cant get back in! hope you have better luck when your next out

chris

Comment

Don't worry Dave , it happens , a week or two of sunshine and high pressure will make you forget all about days like that

Ray

Comment

Dave thats the main reason Im now in Royal Quays ......... not the lack of fish ... the cill .....

norm
        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

It’s great that you gave it a go and tried your best to give two new anglers a good day out.
          Hopefully, they’ll give it another try on a calmer day when the fish have come back and they’ll see the appeal. I’d try handing out the kwells and make sure they’re well fed before going next time, there’s not much worse than sea sickness to spoil a trip especially their first one.

Comment

We all have days like that. At least you went out and gave it a go.
            2011 Catch's so far
            ---------------------------------------
            Cod: 13 / Ling: 0 / Herring: 4 / Pollock: 1
            Biggest: Cod 6Lb
            ---------------------------------------

Comment

Better luck next time.

Comment

:dave anybody would have felt ruff on sat,even a fine youngseadog like myself wasnt at his best on sat and on sunday i was aching where i didnt know i had bits
                AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Working...
                X