Catch report "Grace" 21st May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch report "Grace" 21st May

With only moderate wind forecast until late morning we decided to try an earlier start so I locked out at 5am with big Trev and picked up Davy on the Mill Dam pontoon.
    The wind was a steadily freshening South/South Easterly (so much for moderate) when we left the piers and the sea state was rather lumpy. Wrecking would have been difficult but it was never going to be an option as my Raymarine -Raystar125 GPS antenna (only two years old) has just died on me "eek" so we headed for the ground off Whtley Bay/St Mary's where we caught a cartload of fish last Sunday despite the wind.
    However, there was no repeat of last weekend, the fish were not interested, conditions began to deteriorate further and when the tide turned we had a wind with tide situation. The drift was way too quick and fishing became nigh impossible with only 4 decent Cod to show for the whole session (and not one of them mine). I guess you've got to have bad days to appreciate the good days but I should have stayed in bed.

hard luck...but atleast you made it out..

next time ...eh .................

Comment

unlucky,better luck next time

Comment

Thanks for the report, I was thinking of doing the same tomorrow, fishing close in by the can to avoid the worst of the wind. It looks like it’s not worth the run out with the poor catches and wind increasing.

Comment

I seen you walking out the marina, i was arse down in the engine bay cleaning the fan belt dust out the sump.

Next weekend, next weekend
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Well done on getting out .If you had stayed in bed, you wouldn't have 4 decent cod Drifter, plus you've time to get the antenna fixed, imagine if there had been loads of fish and you could'nt get the drift right .

Comment

Better luck next time.

Comment

Working...
              X