Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missy- Saterday 14th May- wild wild west !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missy- Saterday 14th May- wild wild west !!!

It's been a good while since we have been out on the boat due to work, weather, weddings and the like.

Headed through the lock at about half five this morning with a bit of a westerly wind behind us but the sea was still pretty flat.

Headed out 7-8 mile to a wreck and by the time we'd finished our first drift the wind had stepped up a gear and the sea was starting to get away a bit, but still fishable.
    Only had whiting from the wreck so we decided to head further inshore with the sea building a bit.

Found a nice bit of rough ground closer in and started to get into some 2-3 lb codling almost every drop on small shads.
    But just as the fishing started to kick off so did the sea, was tempted to stay out but we decided no fish is worth your life and headed slowly back in.

Had a bit craic with a couple of canny lads coming back throughout the lock with us and they had managed a few mackeral, so their still about.

Waiting for the lock to open

Time to head in

Good you made it out and got something.

3rd weekend in a row a wind out..lets hope its not a sign of things to come.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Hopeing to get a few midweek evening trips in, to make the most of any good weather we MIGHT get.

Was gutted to have to come in today just a we found some fish. That west wind sure was blowing tho, could barely stand up.

Comment

Well done for getting out there, and getting into the fish Martin, but like you say not worth the risk and there's always another day. On the drive down to the marina this morning i watched a boat battering his way through a canny chop, so that made my mind up..

Comment

that sea looks a bit to rough for me
          but well done on the catch and report
          ps cant wait for my next trip out hope 2moro or monday fingers crossed

Comment

Aye Martin, got a bit naughty out there later in the morning ....., good to get out though anyway ......

norm
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
            ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

missy passed us as we were on the ramp this morning, know what you mean about the sea state martin, we headed over to skinningrove got there about half 6, and the sea was just turning then.. we gave it a few hours and had a long bumpy ride back (with fish) report to follow...

Comment

I, seen you on the ramp easyfish. Thought it might be you. Gave you a wave but was a bit far away.
                Bet the boat had a good salt water scrub on the way back in lol.

Comment

didn't it just.......... these are the days when it's good to have a cab eh ....mate was out on his warrior today on the same ground as us, he took the inshore route back......ooooo! not nice...

Comment

well done on everything,especially coming back in at the right time
                    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Well done on the catch and making it back ok.

Comment

Working...
                      X